Baby BMW Forum banner

M135i xDrive (2019) On it's way!

19K views 143 replies 35 participants last post by  davyk31 
#1 ·
I strongly suspect that there are many on here that are going to 'give me hell', but here goes.........

Went into my local dealer yesterday for a coffee chat with my friendly sales exec, ended up placing an order!

Misano Blue
Adaptive Suspension
Tech Pack I
Sun protection glass
Lumber support (with standard Trigon cloth / Alcantara seats)

Provisional build slot for an early Oct '19 delivery, but may come forward to late Sept (that'll beat the 'Boris effect' of no-deal tariffs!!)

Got a great PEx for my M140i (plenty of positive equity), £1000 loyalty from BMW, and a well negotiated assistance with my deposit from the dealer.

Monthly payments £399 x 48

#3 ·
Congrats on the purchase mate :celebrate:

Sounds like a nice spec no doubt you will enjoy the new motor

And so the wait begins....

#5 ·
Steven1077 said:
Didn't fancy a test drive first then?
Took an X2 out to get a feel for the type of drive the xDrive offers. Drove front wheel drives for years before I came over to BMW for a couple of Z4s before the 140i. Confident that I won't have a problem with the drive, and have accepted the fact that it will be slightly down on power, not often I can use the full capability of the 140i anyway! :lol2:

#7 ·
Fair play, i hope you enjoy it.

I can tell already its not the car for me, i considered golf R etc and decided not to have the 4wd and chose the 140. But, for my girlfriend on the other hand it is a car she is eyeing up and considering changing her 4 series vert for one. And i can tell you now if she does get one, I won't mind taking it for a spin! but just not the car for me to own.

#9 ·
Sounds like a pretty good deal. The base spec of the new car is pretty good; when I fiddled with the configurator there weren't too many options that I felt needed adding.

Will be interesting to hear how it compares to previous cars.

#10 ·
SamM140 said:
Sounds like a pretty good deal. The base spec of the new car is pretty good; when I fiddled with the configurator there weren't too many options that I felt needed adding.

Will be interesting to hear how it compares to previous cars.
Don't forget that the configurator currently forces you with £800 worth of leather seats that you may not want! I've reported it to BMW who have acknowledged the error, but haven't said when it will be fixed. The dealer's version works fine

#13 ·
wenklaw said:
Those who are stating 'sounds like a good dea @ £399 p/ml'. The Op clearly stated they had 'plenty' of positive equity in the M140i, so without further details of 'the deal' we don't know what deposit was placed, so £399 p/m is about as about as irrelevant as you could get. Lets talk about how much the car actually cost for a change instead of using magic calculators! I can buy a 718 GTS for £400 p/m.............with a £70k deposit ( I have made those figure up)

Anyway fair play to the Op for buying one and I am sure it will be a great car in a different way to the outgoing model.
Deposit was £6.7k + BMW loyalty of £1k + dealer contribution of £2k, residual value was approx £14k

#14 ·
Those figures are no real surprise . A well specified m140i for the 399 a month figure with very low deposit from the customer was only available due to 20% plus discounts ie 8 grand ish and as the residual is pretty similar to what the m140i was (I know it went down over time ) and the list with similar spec is not too different , without a similar level of discount you need to make up the difference yourself through actual deposits or equity .
It no doubt over time will improve , I bought a fully loaded m135i when they first came out in 2012 and got very little discount and paid about 150 more per month with similar low deposits than my last one in 2017 albeit a 240i as that came with the usual 8 grand off .
Maybe we won't see the level of discount that the 140/240 got but only time will tell .

#15 ·
Invisiblename said:
Pubbie said:
Steven1077 said:
Didn't fancy a test drive first then?
Not needed when slagging it, so presumably not needed when ordering one either :D
Not sure what you're referring to? I've liked the look of this since I saw the first video review!
Referring only to the especial kicking administered by The Internet who determined that the car was no good before they'd seen it, heard it, driven it, owned it, operated it and so forth :).

It would at least be a safe bet that the car drives like exactly what it is - a buttoned down 4WD pocket rocket. You know the steering will be a bit lifeless in BMW's modern electric way, the exhaust will be fruity, the interior solid and up to date, the ride compliant and the front end will feel grippy and a bit weird the first time you boot it out of a corner, compared to a rear-driver. Why? Because very similar cars are already on sale with these characteristics; the related MINI in particular is very well liked for its handling (a point very carefully swerved by many commentators).

What I'm interested in is a chassis that's potentially faster than the engine. BMW stopped doing that in its small cars in 2012, swapping dynamic ability for the longitudinal agility it used to tease Mercedes-Benz about. So it's nice to see them reverting to what made them so successful.

#16 ·
Pubbie said:
Invisiblename said:
Pubbie said:
Not needed when slagging it, so presumably not needed when ordering one either :D
Not sure what you're referring to? I've liked the look of this since I saw the first video review!
What I'm interested in is a chassis that's potentially faster than the engine. BMW stopped doing that in its small cars in 2012, swapping dynamic ability for the longitudinal agility it used to tease Mercedes-Benz about. So it's nice to see them reverting to what made them so successful.
Aah, understood

#17 ·
Invisiblename said:
I strongly suspect that there are many on here that are going to 'give me hell', but here goes.........

Went into my local dealer yesterday for a coffee chat with my friendly sales exec, ended up placing an order!

Misano Blue
Tech Pack I
Sun protection glass

Provisional build slot for an early Oct '19 delivery, but may come forward to late Sept (that'll beat the 'Boris effect' of no-deal tariffs!!)

Got a great PEx for my M140i (plenty of positive equity), £1000 loyalty from BMW, and a well negotiated assistance with my deposit from the dealer.

That's brace to order a car you haven't driven. However you will have an opportunity to drive it before your has arrive and will still have an option to cancel should you change you mind.

Eitherway, congrats!

#18 ·
Tiberius said:
Invisiblename said:

Misano Blue
Tech Pack I
Sun protection glass

That's brace to order a car you haven't driven. However you will have an opportunity to drive it before your has arrive and will still have an option to cancel should you change you mind.

Eitherway, congrats!
I've purchased many cars without driving them first (and I've had a lot of cars in my many years of driving), and I've never been disappointed! Pretty sure I won't this time either!

#19 ·
Invisiblename said:
Tiberius said:
Invisiblename said:

Misano Blue
Tech Pack I
Sun protection glass

Eitherway, congrats!
I've purchased many cars without driving them first (and I've had a lot of cars in my many years of driving), and I've never been disappointed! Pretty sure I won't this time either!
Fantastic. Your M140i is well specced so I very much look forward to hearing your thoughts on how the two cars compare. Keep us posted :)

#20 ·
wenklaw said:
Invisiblename said:
Deposit was £6.7k + BMW loyalty of £1k + dealer contribution of £2k, residual value was approx £14k
£399 per month with the above deposit and contributions is well wow, that's M2 Comp money just about albeit a much larger GFV of £25k after 4 years.

Obviously very subjective as in peoples car needs and how they are financing/buying, how long they intend to keep, if in fact theyt will etc etc but I know what I would be buying.
No nothing like M2C money. PCP deals have lots of components so its not comparing like-with-like to have one deal with a low GFV (which makes it attractive to actually buy at the end) with another with a high GFV (where you definitely want to hand it back). So if you do a like-for-like comparison of leases (which is a competitive market place and so really does give you a good impression of comparative values), it looks like this (based on cheapest I could find)

M2C = 3k + 550 for 48 months
New M135i = 2k + 360 for 48 months .

#21 ·
martin10chk said:
wenklaw said:
Invisiblename said:
£399 per month with the above deposit and contributions is well wow, that's M2 Comp money just about albeit a much larger GFV of £25k after 4 years.

Obviously very subjective as in peoples car needs and how they are financing/buying, how long they intend to keep, if in fact theyt will etc etc but I know what I would be buying.
No nothing like M2C money. PCP deals have lots of components so its not comparing like-with-like to have one deal with a low GFV (which makes it attractive to actually buy at the end) with another with a high GFV (where you definitely want to hand it back). So if you do a like-for-like comparison of leases (which is a competitive market place and so really does give you a good impression of comparative values), it looks like this (based on cheapest I could find)

M2C = 3k + 550 for 48 months
New M135i = 2k + 360 for 48 months .
Exactly. Simply looking at monthlies & deposit gives no consideration for the total level of debt you're taking on or the amount you would owe should the worst happen

#22 ·
Congrats on the order, it will be a great car.

I think people need to look at the new model as a new start than trying to compare it to the old model and writing it off from the go.

BMW aren't daft, from the reviews I've seen it performs and drives brilliantly. The handling interests me and I would be interested in driving one plus AWD in the winter months would be useful to have.

I have 12 months to think about one once my PCP ends. Yes the the 6cyl is great but there's other aspects of the old model that are poor compared to the new model that might sway me.

#23 ·
chester said:
Congrats on the order, it will be a great car.

I think people need to look at the new model as a new start than trying to compare it to the old model and writing it off from the go.

BMW aren't daft, from the reviews I've seen it performs and drives brilliantly. The handling interests me and I would be interested in driving one plus AWD in the winter months would be useful to have.

I have 12 months to think about one once my PCP ends. Yes the the 6cyl is great but there's other aspects of the old model that are poor compared to the new model that might sway me.
My thoughts exactly!

#24 ·
I'm really looking forward to the reviews from forum members once deliveries begin. I think many will be pleasantly surprised

#26 ·
Steven1077 said:
Can't see many buying one then saying in not as good as they thought :lol2:
Really? There are plenty of complaints about the M-lite's shortcomings as well as its good points, and there is no brand loyalty as such, just financial consideration.

Plenty of people unhappy about the new car, if they buy one without trying, will post away if they don't like it, and use whatever mechanisms are available to get out of their leases. Especially if BMW releases a hotter version and they claim - despite the chorus of advice and circumstantial evidence to the contrary - they were duped into thinking that this would be the top-performing model for the model's entire production run. Boo, hiss, BMW said this would be the fast one and now there's a faster one, if I was told this was coming out I'd have waited, BMW has tricked its customers, they should be ashamed, etc. etc. It's all coming :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.