Baby BMW Forum banner

Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers - New E82 1 Series specific Ohlins Kit

7K views 80 replies 12 participants last post by  docwra 
#1 ·
Hi Folks

It seems Ohlins have been busy and details of a kit for our cars has just been released.

The kit features new spring rates, revalved dampers compared to the E9x kit, and some spring mounting changes.

More info can be found here
The kit won't be available for a few months in the UK, and I'm told by a UK Dealer the price should be in-line with the 3 Series kit @ £1850 incl vat or thereabouts.

#27 ·
Sam_M said:
THETYRANT said:
MR2 Stuff
Ah cool, everything I've heard about the Mk3 is that it's a better drive than the MK2. With 230hp/tonne I can imagine it'd be a blast.

I have a Eunos Roadster RS which is in a similar vein, light, great fun, handles amazingly(GAB Coilovers help!) but desperately needs more power despite having the "lairy" RS intake cam giving it a whooping 147hp. At some point it'll be getting a turbo with a similar power aim as you.
Oh yes the MK3 is a much nicer drive, lot lighter and great handling car unlike the mk2 which was a a bit of a bus in comparison :lol2: , much easier to make them fast though :D I look at the Mk3 as a poor mans Elise :D

I had a Mk2 MX5/eunos RS a a few years ago and did same thing, ran it for a year mostly stoc then built a supercharger kit for it using mini M45 blower which pushed it to 200hp, ran like that a year having brilliant time before getting greedy for more power and fitted the larger M62 charger which did make 240hp but never felt as nice as the mini charger setup, partly due to lack of proper ecu, ended up going back to stock and trying something else at the time but great little cars even in stock form, i actually wanted a mk1 mx5 this time but finding a non-rotten one for sensible money is impossible! MR2 roadsters rot less and are cheap so thought i would try one :D

#28 ·
THETYRANT said:
MR2 roadsters rot less and are cheap so thought i would try one :D
Thankfully my Eunos was imported not that long ago and the first UK owner waxoyled it throughout, so it should be free of tinworm for a while, at least until I've turbo'd it and had my fun :lol2:

#29 ·
THETYRANT said:
Spoke to my contacts at Ohlins today and they are expecting stock for Europe to be available in March....im tempted to try a set to compare with E9x set i had on 135i and will see where im at with the turbo project on MR2 once stock is available...
Be interesting if there are any deals available , look forward to some reviews first before I get them :wink:

#30 ·
Sam_M said:
going to throw around numbers in an effort to point out something as expensive, the least you can do is be accurate. :celebrate:
Not that I imagine anyone gives a **** but the prices I quoted are actually accurate, there are stockists selling for those prices.
The bit about Ohlins being "among the best suspension" is frankly condescending, particularly 2 pages into a thread thats about Ohlins.

FWIW Ive got a 2ZZ MR2 Roadster myself and I think anything more than about 220hp would be terrifying :eek2:

#31 ·
You never feel more alive than when you're closest to death :D

docwra said:
The bit about Ohlins being "among the best suspension" is frankly condescending, particularly 2 pages into a thread thats about Ohlins.
It wasn't intended to be condescending at all. Just an amalgam of reviews and people's experiences. They make amazing road car suspension.

#32 ·
THETYRANT said:
Looking at the install PDF they made some big changes to spring rate on 1 series kit! i recommended slightly softer on front than the 60n/mm it came with they have gone firmer to 70 n/mm! rear i felt was ok as supplied with the 70n/mm but a touch on soft side for hard use and could probably benefit from a little firmer to improve track use and they have gone a big jump upto 120n/mm!, probably too far i think but without testing its hard to say for sure, should certainly make a nice handling setup though just maybe a touch firm for bad uk roads.

For reference i dropped My ohlins kit front spring to 53n/mm and left the 70n/mm in rear as supplied, i felt this setup was ideal for road use and improved comfort over what was supplied, probably a bit soft for track but never gave any issues.
Hey Ian, thank for the info.
Do you still remember the brand and spring length for the 53n/mm setup? It seems very soft have you ever bottom out?

The new spring rate from Ohlins is very interesting, the F&R ratio should be very balance and the new 70n/mm 180mm front spring should make enough space for 8.5" rim with 235 tyre. I do worry about the rear 120n/mm spring as it might be too stiff for the hatchback....

#33 ·
Kubricks said:
Do you still remember the brand and spring length for the 53n/mm setup? It seems very soft have you ever bottom out?

The new spring rate from Ohlins is very interesting, the F&R ratio should be very balance and the new 70n/mm 180mm front spring should make enough space for 8.5" rim with 235 tyre. I do worry about the rear 120n/mm spring as it might be too stiff for the hatchback....
I used Faulkner brand springs but cant remember length although i should have the details somewhere, think i used same length as stock supplied ohlins spring in E90 kit just the softer rate but can check if required, more i think about it im sure it was same as i remember having to wind the spring collars up to retain same ride height which helped with tyre clearance.

I never had it bottom out now and 53n/mm or 302lb/in in old money is plenty to hold the car up :)

Like you im curious to see how that new spring feels especially at rear!

#35 ·
Mr Whippy said:
Are the Ohlins adjustable in bump and rebound? And separately?
Not the R&T kits no they are just 1way for rebound adjustment which is all most need for road and trackdays anyhow, give someone 2 way or above and they usually make car worse :lol2:

#36 ·
THETYRANT said:
Kubricks said:

I used Faulkner brand springs but cant remember length although i should have the details somewhere, think i used same length as stock supplied ohlins spring in E90 kit just the softer rate but can check if required, more i think about it im sure it was same as i remember having to wind the spring collars up to retain same ride height which helped with tyre clearance.

I never had it bottom out now and 53n/mm or 302lb/in in old money is plenty to hold the car up :)

Like you im curious to see how that new spring feels especially at rear!
Thanks, if the length is the same as OEM Ohlins V1 spring (ie., 200mm) then it's out of luck for me, I ran a 8.5" front wheel.

If I remember correctly KW V3 uses about 570lbs/in linear spring at the rear which translates to 100n/mm, it felt very comfortable even on rough roads. With the correct damping 120n/mm might not be a far stretch as a streetable setup, I might bite the bullet as the Birds-B1 couldn't keep up with my engine mods.

I have tried my friends Ohlins V1 60/70 n/mm setup and find it perfect for street if not a little front bias still.

#37 ·
Indeed its surprising how much good damping helps with stiff springs, my KW SC kit was about 600lb rear spring and never felt over harsh, front on other hand i didnt get on with and couldnt put my finger on if it was damping or spring on that kit that i didnt like.

The E90 v1 Ohlins r&t kit with 60/70 springs is nice like you say, i only went softer on front to try and make it more confortable for family trips but now i would just leave it and possible up rear to around 100n/mm as i think it needed that for track really, i would have no qualms about fitting the E90 kit again and if i was in market for new setup it would be difficult to decide if i stuck with what i know in the E90 kit, or try the new E8x kit!, i might get chance to try new kit if Ohlins offer me a deal :D

#38 ·
THETYRANT said:
Mr Whippy said:
Are the Ohlins adjustable in bump and rebound? And separately?
Not the R&T kits no they are just 1way for rebound adjustment which is all most need for road and trackdays anyhow, give someone 2 way or above and they usually make car worse :lol2:
Yeah I agree.

It's just if you wanted to deviate from the recommended spring rates and go a bit softer, you end up with over-damped bump.

So these are kinda useless unless you want to use their springs.

#39 ·
Mr Whippy said:
Yeah I agree.

It's just if you wanted to deviate from the recommended spring rates and go a bit softer, you end up with over-damped bump.

Not necessarily as on a high quality damper there is some scope for changing springs to a degree without upsetting things, i dropped front rate on my last set of Ohlins from 343lb to 302lb and it was no problem, like any suspension setup if you stray too far from supplied springs which dampers should of been designed for then you would need to look at re-valving of course and just depends how far you want to stray, any good damper suppliers can tell you what the stock damping will handling either side of supplied rate.

Calling them "kinda useless" is a bit unfair and short sighted! :rollseyes:

:)

#41 ·
THETYRANT said:
Mr Whippy said:
Yeah I agree.

Not necessarily as on a high quality damper there is some scope for changing springs to a degree without upsetting things, i dropped front rate on my last set of Ohlins from 343lb to 302lb and it was no problem, like any suspension setup if you stray too far from supplied springs which dampers should of been designed for then you would need to look at re-valving of course and just depends how far you want to stray, any good damper suppliers can tell you what the stock damping will handling either side of supplied rate.

Calling them "kinda useless" is a bit unfair and short sighted! :rollseyes:

:)
I agree, but say the KW V3 at a similar cost that can match to any spring with control 3 ways would seem a no brainer for those inclined to pick their own springs too.

These Ohlins are probably awesome, but once you're bought in, you're in.
No real indicator what arbs they advise, or bushings, etc.
Too much scope to get it all wrong in a big money blowing exercise imo.

I bought Koni SA and I think they're already too 'soft' for the springs, but I think the OE springs are too soft.
Koni Sports probably too soft on bump too if you go much stiffer than OE springs?

The choice seems to narrow rapidly for high end kit.

I've just been looking a lot at ride rates and what's available and the KW stuff seems best for offering the freedom you'd want when spending £££ on road car suspension.

#42 ·
Lot of guessing there but i think your misunderstanding what multi adjustable dampers can offer, just because its 2,3,4,5 way etc adjustable doesnt mean its infinte adjustment and so can be made to work with ANY spring! be good if it was but KW V3 and all other multi adjustable unites can not stray too far from supplied springs as the shim stacks in dampers can only control so much before you need to change them, as in revalving the damper.

Those Koni SA you bought were the wrong choice as i think i said at the time, its very mild upgrade from OEM and you should of gone for the Koni Sports and im sure you would of been happier, Springs wise yes the OE stuff is pretty soft but for road use not bad with good damper and stiffer front ARB to help prop car up its ok, real shame there isnt much choice on springs for these cars on stock fitting shape as could do with one that increases rate but doesn slam it into ground like the EIbach does at Front, i did look to get some custom wound to offer stock Msport ride height but increased rate maybe +25-50%... in the end i found the BMWP 135i springs a good compromise at similar rates to Eibach but more stock ride height and Koni damping was able to cope with it no problem, low speed ride quality for family duties was a bit firmly sprung for me so went back to msport but im tempted to try another set now usage has changed to more solo use.

I dont get the hate of Ohlins on here, there are proven quality units with plenty of scope for most and the price on these R&T kits for E8x and E9x (non-M) is very competitive i think at sub 2k.

KW is good stuff no doubt but my limited experience of them is valving is a little like the Bilstein B6/8 series as in a touch too firm for bad roads specially at lower speeds, once speed increased much better and as suspension is always a compromise somewhere its just finding what works for you and your usage.

#43 ·
I get where you're coming from.

My reservations aren't just about the Ohlins though.

As your suspension thread clarifies, lots of suspension 'works', but what suits your brief? Without knowing Ohlins brief for this kit, what it's for, what it's not for, and what the other expectations are (bushings, arbs, tyres, alignment), it's a bit useless for a consumer to make any decisions about.
Buying it to try it is a quick way to blow money and time!

So yes, the ranges of the damper are ultimately adjusted within the provided springs ranges and expected weight of the car... possibly more for weight than for changing the spring rate... assuming many buyers of this kit track their car and have maybe lightened it quite a lot... but then also be ok for road use with a few passengers.

But then it brings me to think about the Koni Sports being adjustable on rebound. We can move the weight up and down a lot in the car... say from 250kg in a lightened racing 130i, to 330kg standard, to 430kg sprung mass per corner in a fully loaded car with luggage.

Without knowing what you're getting on the bump side, never mind the rebound side, it's a bit of a gamble with any setup where you don't know the background of it's reason for being.

Earlier I'd mentioned about ride rates. You provided motion ratios.

I think I calculated the ride rates for the Ohlins setup incorrectly.

I'm certain:

Wheel Rate is pretty much = Spring Rate (Motion Ratio ^ 2)

So front wheel rate is 0.9 * spring rate
Rear wheel rate is 0.32 * spring rate

Assuming 50:50 weight f/r and l/r, it's about 330kg sprung per corner

So you get this, give or take:
View attachment spring_vs_ride.PNG

So this Ohlins would seem to provide ~ 2.2hz front and 1.6hz rear

OE is ~ 1.3hz front and 1.25hz rear

It's surprising that so much extra stiffness is added up front, which ultimately adds understeer, while the rear is left quite soft.

It seems many higher end kits do this, and deviate from the usual road setup of a stiffer rear, possibly because the ride height issue with a loaded rear becomes less important as it deflects less, but also because for track work you probably don't need the ride comfort consideration of a back end that settles faster than the front (for stability feeling)
But then I do wonder about kinematics at the front and the stock alignment all around. And even then, bushings get a much harder time, likely deflecting more and so non-controlled kinematics may play a bigger part in not nice behaviours... so a desire to upgrade everything so it's firmer... but then NVH etc.

Either way, all interesting stuff.

Likely the Ohlins is very very nice... but probably a track setup?

#44 ·
THETYRANT said:
Indeed its surprising how much good damping helps with stiff springs, my KW SC kit was about 600lb rear spring and never felt over harsh, front on other hand i didnt get on with and couldnt put my finger on if it was damping or spring on that kit that i didnt like.

The E90 v1 Ohlins r&t kit with 60/70 springs is nice like you say, i only went softer on front to try and make it more confortable for family trips but now i would just leave it and possible up rear to around 100n/mm as i think it needed that for track really, i would have no qualms about fitting the E90 kit again and if i was in market for new setup it would be difficult to decide if i stuck with what i know in the E90 kit, or try the new E8x kit!, i might get chance to try new kit if Ohlins offer me a deal :D
I have driven many 130i with KWV3 and V2 where I live, while the balance is good after the car took a set in corner (good matching spring rate F&R), I never liked the transient response of the set up; the initial turn in and steering response is just not good enough. I believe it is largely to do with the front progressive spring. In any case, I drove many of them and never really liked it.

I agree with the way you deal with Ohlins V1 issue, always soften the end that doesn't work instead of stiffening the other end as workaround. I would have done the same.

As for the price, I agree Ohlins is big money for a rebound adjustable only damper. But their performance, the spring rate, the clearance etc are largely documented and their Version 2 has been revised specifically for the E82. Whilst at the same price you may be able to dip into higher-end suspension brand like AST or Nitron, they don't even publish the spring rate and no one have review how they handle on the E82/87 chassis. It's a leap of faith I am unwilling to take... for now.

#45 ·
Mr Whippy said:
As your suspension thread clarifies, lots of suspension 'works', but what suits your brief? Without knowing Ohlins brief for this kit, what it's for, what it's not for, and what the other expectations are (bushings, arbs, tyres, alignment), it's a bit useless for a consumer to make any decisions about.
Buying it to try it is a quick way to blow money and time!
Ohlins are quite clear on their brief for this kit its meant to be a good compromise for fast road and track day use on an otherwise standard car, i would say this new E8x kit is probably more track biased with these new spring rates and the older E9x kit more road biased but until get chance to try the new kit i wouldnt want to say for sure, as mentioned previous dampers play a huge part in it all and spring rates can often be misleading on face of it.

Its always a compromise though and you will never get a setup that is perfect on road and truly track capable, best you can hope for is a kit that does both "well enough" and its same for all brands, working out which is most important to you is the key as there are loads of people that fit more track biased suspension and then complain its not very comfy on road and vice versa fitting more road based kit and then complain its too soft on track!, also remember soft isnt always a bad thing its all about keeping tyres ont he ground and car body under control and quiet often softer is faster laps despite what people think :) I prefer the softer setups and would rather a little more body roll than not being able to absorb the bumps, the way Ohlins DFV swallows riding kerbs on tracks or big bumps on road at speed is quite staggering when you experience it.

I do think its a big shame no manufacturer ive yet found has really pushed the road/fastroad market as in trying to make the car as compliant/comfortable as possible yet still retain good body control and balance etc, i hoped the KW Street Comfort would but i didnt think so, at least for UK roads around me. OHlins DFV valving is probably closest in dealing with this but its just about getting spring rates right to keep NVH acceptable.

All purchases like this are a bit of a gamble and as you know from my quest thread sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try them for yourself, there is only so much you can take from other peoples feedback and what manufactures promises it will do.

#46 ·
Kubricks said:
THETYRANT said:

I have driven many 130i with KWV3 and V2 where I live, while the balance is good after the car took a set in corner (good matching spring rate F&R), I never liked the transient response of the set up; the initial turn in and steering response is just not good enough. I believe it is largely to do with the front progressive spring. In any case, I drove many of them and never really liked it.

I agree with the way you deal with Ohlins V1 issue, always soften the end that doesn't work instead of stiffening the other end as workaround. I would have done the same.

As for the price, I agree Ohlins is big money for a rebound adjustable only damper. But their performance, the spring rate, the clearance etc are largely documented and their Version 2 has been revised specifically for the E82. Whilst at the same price you may be able to dip into higher-end suspension brand like AST or Nitron, they don't even publish the spring rate and no one have review how they handle on the E82/87 chassis. It's a leap of faith I am unwilling to take... for now.
Interesting view on the KW V2 & V3 kits, ive only tested the Street Comfort and had similar misgivings although maybe i should of given it more time in hindsight, also KW V3 is the only quality off the shelf kit i can buy for my MR2 Roadster and have been pondering testing it but i cant get them to give me a kit to try or enough to discount to warrant it! so at moment i have Koni Sports inserts on that car as well with Tein springs and its ok but bit too soft reallly, in a similar fashion to 1 series spring choice is limiting me on that car and im planning on converting stock struts casing to take a standard coilover spring which will open things up.

I dont think there is anything in the Ohlins price bracket that is significantly higher end and you would need to spend near double to make a big step up in valving etc, KW competition 2way valved for road/rally bias with suitable springs could be made to work very well but longevity for road use and price make it out sensible reach i think.

#48 ·
THETYRANT said:
I dont get the hate of Ohlins on here, there are proven quality units with plenty of scope for most and the price on these R&T kits for E8x and E9x (non-M) is very competitive i think at sub 2k.
Probably aimed at me as much as anyone and its not hate, I just dont get why anyone would buy expensive suspension that was sprung and valved for a totally different car and then have to try and make it work for theirs.
I bought my coilovers, fitted them to the car and drove down the road with no custom spring rates or clearance issues thats got to be preferable to "the leap of faith" .........

Ive driven (road and track) cars with Ohlins and KW's and run my own cars with goddknows how many others else and as Ive said before Im really impressed with the Meister GT1's Im running - they are more compliant than M-Sport on the road and as good as anything this side of Nitron Ive used on track. Ohlins have a great rep, no doubt but I dont understand the fixation on dampers that are more money but less configurable than the KW's, Sachs, Bilstein etc.

I do think its a big shame no manufacturer ive yet found has really pushed the road/fastroad market as in trying to make the car as compliant/comfortable as possible yet still retain good body control and balance etc
Is this not what every manufacturer who is making a streetable suspension solution is aiming for? What else have you actually tried to come to this conclusion?

#49 ·
docwra said:
Probably aimed at me as much as anyone and its not hate, I just dont get why anyone would buy expensive suspension that was sprung and valved for a totally different car and then have to try and make it work for theirs.
I bought my coilovers, fitted them to the car and drove down the road with no custom spring rates or clearance issues thats got to be preferable to "the leap of faith" .........

Ive driven (road and track) cars with Ohlins and KW's and run my own cars with goddknows how many others else and as Ive said before Im really impressed with the Meister GT1's Im running - they are more compliant than M-Sport on the road and as good as anything this side of Nitron Ive used on track. Ohlins have a great rep, no doubt but I dont understand the fixation on dampers that are more money but less configurable than the KW's, Sachs, Bilstein etc.
You do seem to have some very negative things to say on them i guess but there are others as well, you keep moaning about price and fitment but have then quoted incorrect prices and the fitment has been fine tuned now for E8x platform so non of those arguments are valid imo, the E90 kit fits perfect on a stock E8x car just once you start fitting wider wheels it comes up against issues, springs and valving work well also and been proven by many including myself, i went softer front spring to improve family driving thats all and all in hardly a leap of faith, i do understand what your saying but i dont agree so wont batter on anymore about why, have you ever tried the Ohlins R&T kit ( there are many other Ohlins kits and some are poor and very hard like the Jap spec Ohlins kits) back to back with another kit on same or very similar car out of interest ? to me that is only way you can make a fair judgement and i have done that on 4 different vehicles as below

Mazda MX5
Stock Bilstiens
BC BR kit
OHlins R&T kit
BC BR kit 2nd set due to issues with rear clearance on Ohlins.

BMW 130i (#2) -
Stock Msport
Koni FSD
Koni Sport
BIrds B1 Bilstein
KW Street Comfort
Bilsten B4 (various springs)
Koni Sport 2nd time (various springs)

GT86 #1
Stock dampers with various springs
HKS Hipermax 4 GT

On My Evo9-
KW V1 kit
Stock Bilsteins with various springs
Ohlins R&T kit

BMW 135i
Stock Msport
Ohlins R&T (E90) with 2 different front springs

GT86#2
Tein with EDFC
Stock Dampers with various springs
Ohlins R&T

This 3rd 130i just went straight to Koni sports as its by far my favourite road setup, sure its comprised on track with the soft Msport springs but i rarely take it on track these days and with damping wound up it copes ok.

Im not saying i know it all because ive tried a few different setups just that i feel i can make well educated comments because i have done the comparisons on my own cars, I would really be interested to see how the GT1 stacked up against the Ohlins R&T kits but getting someone to unbiased test them is not going to happen i doubt, ive been tempted to try them myself but i cant bring myself to pay more than Ohlins for something im not confident will work for me, also issues some others on here and other forums have had with GT1 kits having to go back to be "fettled" isnt for me, i just know how fussy i am that i would be another on of them lol :D

Is this not what every manufacturer who is making a streetable suspension solution is aiming for? What else have you actually tried to come to this conclusion?
I dont think so from what ive tried and spoken to others about, but everyone has different standards as to what they find comfortable on road but to me they are always aimed at more sporty/harder feel, see above for what ive tried recently...

All in all suspension like brakes is a personal thing so some people love one setup and others will hate it, just the way of the world :D

#50 ·
The prices I quoted may not be the cheapest you can get anywhere but they are correct, and until about a month ago there wasnt an E82 specific Ohlins R+T so you were having to research and configure if you wanted to run them on your car.
I appreciate there is now an E82 version but seeing as no-one has run them there isnt any real life feedback on them yet.

Ive used Ohlins R+T on a track prepped E92 M3 and then jumped straight back into my track prepped 135i in the same circuit and couldnt feel any appreciable difference; when the competition offer more adjustability for the same/less money no-one would even consider the Ohlins if it wasnt for the name on the side.
Ive honestly never used a coilover as compliant as the Meisters on the road though, the ride on a decent surface with the damping turned down isnt far off my Phaeton.

What I will say is I found the standard M Sport suspension could quickly get out of its depth on the road and actively detracted from the track experience as it was too slow to react and the damping was too soft; Ive not had a single moment where the GT1's have been anything other than in control, in fact Im finding chassis flex is starting to be a problem, something Id never have noticed before.
No doubt the Ohlins would give the same confidence but this doesnt mean that KW, Bilstein and Meister dont.

As for the other bit Im surprised, doesnt everyone want Rolls Royce on the road and NGTC on track? :lol2:

#51 ·
CoupeSilver said:
Mr Whippy said:
Yeah I agree.

Compression (bump) damping isn't related to spring rate. At least not directly like rebound needs to be. Only rebound is actually damping the stiffness of the spring and so is directly related. Compression damping works in conjunction with the spring rate (and in a way the spring can't depending on how the damping valves are working internally) to provide a level of compression stiffness in response to bumps. 80's motorocycle manufacturers used to fit over stiff springs on bikes in the belief that was the way forward for better handling (stiffer suspension = better handling in most peoples minds) it took them about 10 years to realise that actually better handling is achieved by softer springs and more damping control, so actually increased compression damping even though softer springs were used. If you valve your compression damping to have relatively light fast compression damping but higher slow compression damping then in combination with a softer spring you allow the initial response to a bump in the road to be "soft" whilst maintaining the controlled stiffness of slow undulations and body weight shifts (so avoiding a feeling of wallowlyness) more through the damping rather than the spring.

By the way, Ohlins are pretty much considered the pinacle of suspension quality in the bike world, and have had that reputation for at least the last 20-25 years.
Well I'm certain that that explanation is also an over-simplification.

The exact function of damping is critical ratio based. Fine tuning is the black art based around myriad feedback loop variables. But to expect Ohlins to find that perfect blend based on you car and wants, is as unlikely as it is for you to also find it by twiddling the dials on a set of KW V3s imo.

But yes I agree, bump damping is a square root curve plot. Probably near optimal damping for the sprung mass vs spring rate at low shaft speeds for good feel and body control, then reducing to a fraction of optimal damping at higher shaft speeds for comfort. We see this in almost all damper dyno curves for modern cars.

The more I read and think (I was quite into suspension theory and simulator practice a 10-15 years ago) and recall, and look around, the more I'm inclined at this price point to go spend money having a fully custom set made to my needs, after discussing them with professionals... rather than just buying an off the shelf kit and crossing my fingers... no matter how good Ohlins are, if the suspension they've made isn't your bag, it's not your bag.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.