Anyone know this car? - v1.1

Find out more about the BMW 1 Series E81, E82, E87, E88.
Manufactured from 2004 to 2013

Moderators: Lambster, marco_polo, Rich196, babybmwadmin, Producethis

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:40 pm

As some of you remember there was a thread like that before but it got removed on my request as it started bringing too much attention before I got ready with my site and built a wall around my house so all those angry traders had no way of sending a hitman.

I wanted to ask if anyone want to test my new site? It is HPI style site but I have access to extensive salvage auctions history with pictures of damaged cars which will form part of the report.

I have it deployed on my dev box so not full production yet and is running on sandbox data but good enough to bring people in.

Limitations are:

- can only check cars with "A" in number plate (you can do initial search for any number plate but orders will only work for "A")
- data can be not up to date, is only for testing
- i will provide card details and PayPal details so you can purchase any report for testing with those, real card numbers wont work

I will send few VRMs with auction history so you can see the reports with salvage auctions but you can pickup any reg from eBay as long as it has letter "A" in it.

Please hit me via PM and I will send details over.

Mods please move if there is better forum for it.
2008' E82 135i

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Anyone know this car? - v1.1

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:23 pm

I am hoping to launch my site tomorrow during a day. Time to p*ss off all those cheating traders.

I will bring back my thread aswell where I will be uncovering worst examples and will make FB page with them aswell.

Let the war begin!
2008' E82 135i

Mr Whippy
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Mr Whippy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Excited to see how this goes.

Sadly I’m done buying cars for a bit, but will recommend your checks to anyone asking!

PS, are you planning to do past advert caching too?
Cazana did it for a while but dropped it, however it was very useful!
130i LE - exhaust flap mod - ssk & bmwp & M3 gbox mounts - bmwp handbrake - bmwp steering surround - camber pin mod - cdv delete - koni SA & bmwp front bump & koni rear bump

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Mr Whippy wrote:Excited to see how this goes.

Sadly I’m done buying cars for a bit, but will recommend your checks to anyone asking!

PS, are you planning to do past advert caching too?
Cazana did it for a while but dropped it, however it was very useful!
If I manage to actually make this a full time thing that will be next thing to do.
2008' E82 135i

Kerr
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Kerr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 pm

What will be the fee for checking?

Is there any guarantees for the information you supply like HPI offer?

As I've said before I think it's a great thing. I doubt I would buy a write off, but the stuff you were digging up was fun/concerning to see.

I did use Cazana a lot for fun. It's now been tied down too much and is now set up to appease the dealers. I've a feeling that it's more beneficial to keep the dealers happy than give out data to customers.

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Kerr wrote:What will be the fee for checking?

Is there any guarantees for the information you supply like HPI offer?

As I've said before I think it's a great thing. I doubt I would buy a write off, but the stuff you were digging up was fun/concerning to see.

I did use Cazana a lot for fun. It's now been tied down too much and is now set up to appease the dealers. I've a feeling that it's more beneficial to keep the dealers happy than give out data to customers.
Same guarantee for all data as everyone else as it really comes from MIB as this is them who pay up in case of issues.

You will be able to put a reg only and this will tell you straight away if was subject to salvage.

Then will be 4 products:

Free - all free stuff you get in other places including date of salvage if this was the case, mot road tax etc I will expand this data once I have more access with volume.

£2 salvage history - if car was subject to salvage, all pictures, all car data, keepers etc

£4 basic report - all above + insurance writeoff, stolen check and 10 k guarantee.

9£ full report - everything inc finance and 40k guarantee

Have a look here for now on staging site before I take it down.

Use reg BV65OTX this will display all products.

https://staging.vcheck.uk

There will be some discount for forum members once it goes live.
2008' E82 135i

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Those traders don’t have a clue what data I have against their words....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Audi-A5 ... ect=mobile

For for typos, just not feeling well and currently in bed with flu...
IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
IMG_2841.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
Real damage:
IMG_2843.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg (101.42 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
2008' E82 135i

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Och and not deployed airbags:
IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg (90.4 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
Only twoImage
2008' E82 135i

Kerr

Post by Kerr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 pm

It'll be hard to bite into the stranglehold that HPI have, but you'll only need a tiny percentage of their business.

The extra data does add another element. I'm sure everyone buying a write off would want to see previous damage.

I do think you're on to a good business. I also think you're going to anger a lot of people. :lol:

Best of luck.

Mike140i
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Mike140i » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Send them those pictures 😂

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Mike140i wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 pm
Send them those pictures 😂
You cant upload pictures to ebay when reporting. A cynic might wonder why.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

J0sephx
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by J0sephx » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm

This is bloody great
Before:
2006 E87 130i M Sport - RIP
After:
2006 E87 130i M Sport

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 am

ASB1960 wrote:
Mike140i wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 pm
Send them those pictures Image
You cant upload pictures to ebay when reporting. A cynic might wonder why.
I tried few times reporting to eBay. They are not interested.
2008' E82 135i

Arnie
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Arnie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 am

Kerr wrote:It'll be hard to bite into the stranglehold that HPI have, but you'll only need a tiny percentage of their business.

The extra data does add another element. I'm sure everyone buying a write off would want to see previous damage.

I do think you're on to a good business. I also think you're going to anger a lot of people. :lol:

Best of luck.
Yeah this is true but if you remember my previous topic I discovered that not every car which was on auction, with write off marker, has this marker attached after it is back on the road.

Therefore clearly damaged cars, with cat label in my DB, are being driver by someone there who thinks it is HPI clear...

I cant talk about the numbers yet buy it is in thousands a year. I am having small talks with relevant bodies but imagine if BBC for example on watchdog said “Do you know that 1 in 30 written off cars has it’s history missing? There is no guarantee you are not driving a write-off which is HPI clear”

Also the biggest issue with my discovery is all those people who figure it out, will be able to claim against guarantee they had on their reports in other companies.

Lets say 200 people, each £2k claim, numbers are going to go big and tbh traders will be least pissed off people in the bunch of everyone I mess around with.

I can send you right now 200 examples which have marker missing. About half is not on the road again as it was sample data from 2016 but in my opinion DVLA should send the other 100 a letter notifying about potential issue.

If anyone is working in insurance industry I would love to have a few meetings with them aswell as all those cars if ever stolen or crashed again, with missing markers, would cause insurance companies to pay full value again.

Interesting is claim databases which insurance companies have don’t link vehicles to person which claimed. So in theory you could claim against the same car twice in the same insurance company without them realising this.

To be honest it can happen that people will say I am talking bullshit and everyone will get on with their lives and ignore me, and trust big guys like they trusted beforeImage

2008' E82 135i

ASB1960
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by ASB1960 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 am

Claiming twice for the same car (even as a total loss) is legitimate - even with the same company. Provided they are seperate incidents of course.

A common fraud is multiple policies on the same vehicle and multiple claim as a result of the same incident.

Of course the insurers could have better systems in place. But they are a soft easy target. Shared data is a nightmare both from a regulatory and practical point of view.

Cost of implementation is borne by the consumer and tje only possible offset is a minor reduction in claims.

If it were easy and simply cost effective it would have happened.

Regulation becomes the only answer. Insurers are complying with the regulations that are in place. Its not their fault those regs are inadequate and the unscrupulous exploit them to defraud the public.
M135i 3 door, auto, mineral grey/oyster - black, bus nav, black panel, adaptive, driver comfort. Arrived 24th June 2014.

Return to “E81, E82, E87, E88 (2004-2013)”