1m coupe exhaust options.

Moderators: Producethis, marco_polo, babybmwadmin, Lambster, Rich196

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

1m coupe exhaust options.

Post by sawda » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Ok so been researching this to death and would love to hear some experienced opinions on set ups. Seems like less systems are available than they were. Personally I love the look of the 1m and quite happy with the stock tips so changing the rear back box may not be the best option for me. Dont want to cut the orginal exhaust and ideally no mapping involved. Looking around it seems like the n55 mid pipe is a great mod be no stock from BMW for god knows how long, also I'm told that its only a mild improvement over stock. Stock is way too quiet so definitely want to change it.

I was considering changing the downpipe so eliminated the primary Cat. I am also told that to delete the EML the car must be mapped. Wary about tinkering too much with a BM classic but this seems like a tempting setup. Part of me just says get the Akra evo and be done with it but it's quite alot more than I want to spend and have already invested in a set of Ohlins so any other suggestion would be welcomed. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by sawda on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 1m coupe exhaust options.

Post by Tin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Best setup imho is a wagner downpipes and a lightweight titanauspuffanlagen setup.. mega loud and superlight. Sadly too loud for tracks and gets abit drony after long drives. Akra is a nice balance with the valve. Again to get best results a remap is needed.
Certified Mod junkee :D

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:07 am

Tin wrote:Best setup imho is a wagner downpipes and a lightweight titanauspuffanlagen setup.. mega loud and superlight. Sadly too loud for tracks and gets abit drony after long drives. Akra is a nice balance with the valve. Again to get best results a remap is needed.
Thanks, that's great as I just bought the lightweight titanium one so nice to have confirmation. Just looking for a midpipe and go from there.

Tin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm

cool, enjoy, alittle more than £500 ;)
Certified Mod junkee :D

sawda
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by sawda » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Tin wrote:cool, enjoy, alittle more than £500 ;)
Image, not much more

Return to “1M Coupe”