These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on babybmw.net. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below). #
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or a ban. #
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a Moderator. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned. #
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience about cars. Posting pornographic, racial or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning or ban. #
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Any posts made that are deemed to be spam, will be deleted. The user who made the posting may also be banned. #
- The moderating team reserve the right to edit, remove or delete any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to the Moderators not users. #
- Currently the forum does allow the uploading of images/photos. #
When posting and including an image please note the "Attachment" at the bottom of the screen. This will allow you to attach an image.
The maximum file size is 256Kb.
Please note that any image may be removed/deleted if it is deemed inappropriate. #
- Newly registered users must wait until 20 posts have been made before being allowed to create a signature. Users are reminded to be aware that signatures appear at the end of every post, and therefore any large images should be reduced in size. #
- The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any signature that is deemed to be against the rules or too large in size. #
When you send a private message to someone, the message goes to your outbox before they are read by the person receiving the pm.
Once it has been read by the recipient the pm will be moved to the sent box.
This allows you to edit or delete the message before it has been read if need be. #
- A good source of information regarding Private Message usage can be found here #
- Newly Registered members will not have access to the PM system until their first post is approved. #
- When you send a private message to someone, the message goes to your outbox before they are read by the person receiving the pm.
- A newly registered user can only post in the For Sale section once their initial post has been approved. #
All for sale threads must include the following:
- A photo which shows the actual item for sale with your username and date wrote on a piece of paper included in the pic
Please can you all ensure that if your item is SOLD, you edit your title and put SOLD in it. We don't view every topic so posting sold in there does not help.
All items that have been sold can then be moved to another section. #
Click-bait topic titles
When creating a new topic, please ensure to use a title that is meaningful.
Try to avoid titles such as:
- "Check this out...."
- "I need help...."
- "What do you think of this...."
Some individuals choose not to read everything and therefore if a meaningful title is not used, you run the risk of less users/guests viewing it. #
- When creating a new topic, please ensure to use a title that is meaningful.