Baby BMW Forum banner

How to sell winter tyres?

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·
Hi

Anyone for ideas for selling my winter tyres and alloys?

Tried selling them on eBay but people don't seem to want to pay even half what I did for them new.

Can't sell them here cos I haven't posted enough but I guess this is one more post!

Graeme

#6 ·
Hi

They are the 17 inch alloy and Bridgestone blizzak tyres official bmw combo.

Had them on my 123d for 2 months n 2k miles last year and the wheels are perfect.

Would almost be better selling the wheels on their own!

Graeme

#14 ·
Hi

They are back on eBay, Item #: 271113534896. All the details n pics are there if you want a look.

Genuine BMW Alloy Wheels and set of 4 Bridgestone run flat winter tyres

BMW package part number 2210807 RRP £1,540

17" BMW alloy wheels (V-spoke 141) 7Jx17
Bridgestone Blizzak run flat tyres (205/50R17 89H)

1 Year old, about 2,000 miles since new, spending 2 months on my 123d last winter

No damage to the tyres
No damage to the alloys - perfect condition.

I traded in my 123d 3dr, and am now selling wheels separately.

Will fit most 1 series vehicles, can use the following link for reference:-

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash on collection is probably best for payment as you can then inspect before you buy.
Posted with eBay Mobile

Would arrange courtier delivery if you are interested.

Graeme.

#16 ·
They'll never sell for top dollar without tread depths G, people simply don't know what they're buying.

Preferably 3 depths accross each tyre, ie:

Tyre 1 - 8mm, 8mm, 8mm
Tyre 2 - 7mm, 8mm, 8mm.....

As accurately as you can.

Hope that help secure a sale.

#18 ·
marco_polo said:
They'll never sell for top dollar without tread depths G, people simply don't know what they're buying.

Tyre 1 - 8mm, 8mm, 8mm

Good shout, will do that this weekend. Annoying thing is I had a bmw receipt with that on it when I put the summers back on. But can I find it?

#19 ·
gafraser said:
marco_polo said:

Tyre 1 - 8mm, 8mm, 8mm

Good shout, will do that this weekend. Annoying thing is I had a bmw receipt with that on it when I put the summers back on. But can I find it?
I got about 1/3 what I paid from BMW when I sold ours last year - they will go at the right price, particularly if we get a cold snap. But you need good photos as said, with 3 x tread depths. Best way is to photograph a piece of masking tape stuck accross the tread with the depths written on it. Also identify each wheel with a number. Photo each close up with the number visible, then all 4 together again with the number visible. Get a few more posts in, I sold mine on here.

#20 ·
Falmouthboy said:
gafraser said:
marco_polo said:

Tyre 1 - 8mm, 8mm, 8mm

I got about 1/3 what I paid from BMW when I sold ours last year - they will go at the right price, particularly if we get a cold snap. But you need good photos as said, with 3 x tread depths. Best way is to photograph a piece of masking tape stuck accross the tread with the depths written on it. Also identify each wheel with a number. Photo each close up with the number visible, then all 4 together again with the number visible. Get a few more posts in, I sold mine on here.
Thanks for that. Bring on the snow in Glasgow! A couple of people have bought 1 series in my office in the last year and I can't convince them to take them off me. Will be a different story when the snow arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.