Baby BMW Forum banner

Active tourer lead time?

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  ellingtj 
#1 ·
My 116i is nearly 6 years old now and I am considering biting the bullet and ordering a 218i manual Active Tourer. Does anybody know the approximate waiting time from order to delivery at present please?

Thanks in advance if you can advise.

#2 ·
I was looking out of curiosity this morning at my local dealership and they were advertising the same vehicle as one of their offers, my suggestion would be initially to check with your local supplier and see what they have to offer it's quite possible someone may have exactly what you're looking for in which case you'll also be in a position to negotiate quite hard? :cool2:

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion dorsetred, it would be good but unfortunately I have checked my local dealers only a few days ago as I was hoping for a nearly new/exdem at a good price. No such luck though I was told they had no Active tourers at all, new or used and all their recent examples have been diesel to make matters worse! They do seem to be rare cars. Strangely, Gran Tourers seem more plentiful but not what I want unfortunately.

#5 ·
Thanks chr1s for your link, unfortunately they are a long way from me. I did do a couple of searches based on my postcode and acceptable distance but nothing I saw fitted my requirements. In particular I don't want red, white or black, yes I know I am being fussy but resale wise I know from experience these can be difficult colours.

This is one of the reasons I am coming round to considering buying new so that I can specify exactly my requirements. My F20 is Mineral grey and I do like that boring as it is to many!

I would still like to get some idea of lead time though so a return visit to the local dealer is required I think. Thanks again.

#6 ·
I recently ordered a 225xe as a company car, the lease company initially quoted a lead time of 16 weeks when I ordered at the end of March. They updated their portal last week to say that it would be arriving at the dealership on the 7th May. If that's correct, this would be a lead time of 6 weeks.
Alistair

#7 ·
That's great for you and some difference. I wonder why - was a cancellation suddenly available of your exact spec?
I must admit, 16 weeks was the sort of figure I was expecting but I suppose it varies with the model.

Good news for you though!

#9 ·
Had a long chat with local dealer today, it seems that 16 weeks is about normal delivery time. I may as well wait and go for September reg. - unless I can find the right dealer pre-ordered or ex-dem. An online search of the local dealers group stock showed petrol Active Tourers are like the proverbial hens teeth!

#19 ·
Just spoken to Lex as there was no update on their portal this week, they spoke to BMW who have confirmed my 225xe is due into their Solihull site on 17th July (Tuesday next week), they said they will confirm its arrival at the dealer on Wednesday 18th! So it should be with me the following week. If that pans out as expected that would be 17 week lead time. Got my charge point (Black Eo Mini) booked in for 9th August, going to order my Type 2 cable next week.
Alistair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.