Baby BMW Forum banner

Sending Routes To Car Sat Nav

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  kent dan 
#1 ·
I have set up my connected drive and google maps, and can send a destination from my pc to the car, but when I try to send a route, Google maps says it is unable to send.

Really want to be able to do this for my trips to Europe, does anyone have any tips on how to do this or what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks, Dan.

#5 ·
Will download it over the weekend and have a play.

Will this help me send a route to the car?

All I want is to create a custom route on my pc and send it to the car.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Incidentally, how do you get google maps send to car to work. I've tied setting it up but I don't see the option when I select an address?

#7 ·
I use the Connected app where I have Google maps set as the default mapping (if you have iPhone you could also use Apple maps) . I think you also need to make sure you have remote services set up correctly as well. Seems to work well.

#10 ·
moulin12 said:
neilmcl said:
Incidentally, how do you get google maps send to car to work. I've tied setting it up but I don't see the option when I select an address?
Rubbish design. Click on the icon that says send to my phone, you should then see the send to car option.
You're a star, thanks :thumbs:

#11 ·
Your car may need a software update. BMW broke the send-to-car functionality soon after the launch of the LCI - it worked fine when I originally bought mine, but stopped working a couple of months later, and never worked again until I took the car to the dealer for an update. The ConnectedDrive people make a regrettably large number of changes to the servers, and they aren't great at testing the changes before inflicting them on the paying customers...

#12 ·
moulin12 said:
neilmcl said:
Rubbish design. Click on the icon that says send to my phone, you should then see the send to car option.
My send to car function works fine via IOS, based on me defining end destination.

I don't believe you can create a prescribed route then send it to the car. If I'm wrong would be keen to learn how.

#13 ·
You can create a prescribed route and send it to the car but you have to create it on the connected drive website after logging in. It's not possible with the app.

You enter a series of way points to create the route. When you send it to the car it will appear under Saved Routes in the Nav options screen.

#15 ·
mctga said:
You can create a prescribed route and send it to the car but you have to create it on the connected drive website after logging in. It's not possible with the app.

You enter a series of way points to create the route. When you send it to the car it will appear under Saved Routes in the Nav options screen.
Excellent, will try this out.

Thanks for your help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.