Baby BMW Forum banner

swapping my m235i for an m135i

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  InquisitiveA 
#1 ·
Hi all

What would you recommend the best way to go about changing my M235i for a 5dr M135i lci?

The obvious one is to go to BMW and go that route but obviously I would take a bath on the value.

The sticking point is mine has a heck of a lot of factory options and M Performance trim and I reckon a dealer will try to pretend to they don't add any value for the price. I guess if that was the case then I guess they wouldn't mind if I removed the stuff that is interchangeable.

Is it worth posting a sale/px advert on here? I get the impression that people owning a 5dr 1'er will have bought it for the reasons I want one - practicality for family stuff.

If anyone knows of anyone then please shout up. mines an october 2014 with 9k miles auto

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Tell you what, I'll swap you for mine...

Pre Lci 15 plate, Auto, EB 13K miles ;)

Has a few decent options on it too.

Na but I'd just strip the optional stuff if you can and sell that privately and then go to dealer.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps

I think if I were to follow that route then removing a few of the bits would be the way. Amongst other stuff its got the MP steering wheel with the display and the MP exhaust (sounds fab - just right)

I bought it off the wife of a customer and she owned it from new and the purchase invoice was £48k!

As for the question of me valuing it then I would like to think high 20's like £28-29k :)

#6 ·
I would think it was definitely worth putting a 'For Sale' ad up here. The opportunity to buy an M235i, tastefully modified and owned by a renowned detailer is very attractive - you know the bodywork is going to be literally perfect! :cool2:

I'd be tempted myself if my new car wasn't on order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.