Baby BMW Forum banner

GAP Insurance?

822 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GapInsurance.co.uk 
#1 ·
What are everyones thoughts on GAP insurance?

I've got a 120d M Sport 13 plate i've had just over 6 months now. GAP insurance was mentioned when I collected the car but I declined it as I thought I'd likely find it cheaper elsewhere....

Fast forward 6 months and most GAP insurers aren't willing to quote when you've had the vehicle more than 180 days which I have (only by 10/15 days I think). Completely slipped my mind to sort it out myself after picking the car up.

Think I put something like £1000-1500 down. The vehicle was about 12 months old with 12,000 on the clock.

#2 ·
I purchased gap from ala 2 days after buying my car, it says on their website car purchased within 105 days, I'm guessing you won't lose as much on a used car rather than a new one so I'm not sure I'd be as worried

#5 ·
carlover said:
Just spoke to the guy in Marcos linky,he said all internet companies like his co and ALA use the same underwriters so we might as well support him me thinks :bigsmile: ....and :p*ss: on the others :lol2:
I am the guy carlover refers to... just for clarity, not all companies use the same underwriters (Ageas Insurance Ltd), but certainly we, ALA and a few other online providers of GAP insurance do. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.