Baby BMW Forum banner

How long from build completion to delivery?

4K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  peige 
#1 ·
Got the long awaited call from the dealer to say the car build is completed. :lol2:

#2 ·
My build was complete on 14th feb and I collected 5th March. I would have had to wait longer but my dealer sent a transporter up to collect my car rather than let it go to the dealership's pdi centre on a routine delivery, as I was driving around in one of their cars as a loan car. Still, 3 weeks seems a sensible guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 ·
BH55 said:
Dealer told me today waiting lists have reduced considerably from order to deliver can be as quick as 2 weeks. told me they are really quick in turning them out.

BH
The only way I could see a two week turnaround happening is if you ordered with a pre allocated build slot for the next week, but even then the car would usually take a couple of weeks from Germany to dealer. It doesn't really seem likely! I think your dealer is pushing it a bit to ramp up expectations for some reason.

#12 ·
bunji81 said:
How do you find out at what point your car build is up to? without constantly pestering the dealer that is?
I ordered our 116i Sport on the 22nd Feb
You can't in the UK, just pester the dealer, it doesn't take them long to look it up.

#14 ·
Mine should do that too I was told on Sunday but I've yet to see one.
Odds of a 100% on the customer satisfaction diminish daily.

#15 ·
Mine too - ordered last week in Feb, car due I believe now w/c 7th April. Was originally end Of March.

Had zero contact instigated by dealer - I've had to call / email a few times (even to confirm that they had actually placed the order!) and even then it takes ages to get back.

And I've got no idea of progress. If it's due that week I'm guessing it should be built or in late stages by now. But had no update whatsoever even telling me scheduled dates.

#16 ·
Same here Rob, ordered 22nd Feb and was told (when I called them two weeks ago) that it was due to be built w/c 17th March. I was meant to get a call when it was built :|

I am assuming by the end of Week 13 (w/c 24th March) that it will be all done and on the way. I don't mind the wait, but a bit more info would be good.

#17 ·
All to similar experience here. Ordered mine on Feb 20th and collecting it this Saturday so the build time has been impressive but boy, have I had to pester my dealership for info! Just a simple 1 sentence email to tell me the order has been placed, the build has commenced, build has completed, car is in the country...etc would have sufficed. I wasn't even informed it was ready to collect until I emailed him asking if the build was complete! I know he's busy but it seems slightly bizarre.

Anyway, roll on Saturday! :celebrate:

#18 ·
I'm not all that fussed about constant communication, I know others want to know everything but I think three or four would be sufficient, starting with confirmation that the order has been placed and finishing with confirmation that the car has arrived at the dealer.

If the dealer emailed me every other day with updates I think I would quickly get annoyed.

#19 ·
Stratts said:
I'm not all that fussed about constant communication, I know others want to know everything but I think three or four would be sufficient, starting with confirmation that the order has been placed and finishing with confirmation that the car has arrived at the dealer.

If the dealer emailed me every other day with updates I think I would quickly get annoyed.
Don't get me wrong, constant updates are completely unneccessary for me - I.e stages of build etc, but at least a confirmed order, revised delivery date (as soon as the order was placed the delivery was delayed approx 2 weeks, but I only discovered this a week after the order by phoning in myself), confirmation that the car is now built (maybe it isn't yet and that will come, but if it's going to be on time it'll need to be in existence by now).

I've also got to make sure I've got money available for the deposit - I'll now almost certainly be making an extra payment on my current car which I hadn't allowed for. Which is hard without knowing when I can collect it. Plus depending on the date I could end up paying a month of interest on both cars at the same time -which sucks!

#20 ·
The dealer should allow for the extra payment you've made and give you a refund of the amount on your deposit or they will send you a cheque.

#21 ·
scrounger said:
The dealer should allow for the extra payment you've made and give you a refund of the amount on your deposit or they will send you a cheque.
The new settlement will take into account the next payment of course, but it will not be reduced by the same amount as the payment.

It will reduce by the portion that is equity payment, but the interest will not come off too. So for arguments sake, only 3/4 of the payment will come off the settlement figure on which the deal was done. So unless the dealer is willing to fund that (which I doubt as they get nothing out of this either) it's an extra 70 odd quid on to the total cost to me.

#22 ·
Rob116 said:
Stratts said:

Don't get me wrong, constant updates are completely unneccessary for me - I.e stages of build etc, but at least a confirmed order, revised delivery date (as soon as the order was placed the delivery was delayed approx 2 weeks, but I only discovered this a week after the order by phoning in myself), confirmation that the car is now built (maybe it isn't yet and that will come, but if it's going to be on time it'll need to be in existence by now).

I've also got to make sure I've got money available for the deposit - I'll now almost certainly be making an extra payment on my current car which I hadn't allowed for. Which is hard without knowing when I can collect it. Plus depending on the date I could end up paying a month of interest on both cars at the same time -which sucks!
I advised my dealer the date that my car needs to go back before incurring another months rental, they said the car would be here in time, car handed back but mines not due for another month so they've loaned me a car.

Customer Service had been poor but have been handed over to someone else after making a complaint and now the service is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
My 120d was produced on 18th March.
Been told by dealer says they will reveive the car this friday(28/03), and ready for collection next Monday(31th March).

So roughly two weeks time from production done to collection.

#24 ·
BradBmw118D sport said:
I advised my dealer the date that my car needs to go back before incurring another months rental, they said the car would be here in time, car handed back but mines not due for another month so they've loaned me a car.

Customer Service had been poor but have been handed over to someone else after making a complaint and now the service is excellent.
Asked about putting my car in early, no such offer of a loan car until mine is ready.....

Wonder if we have the same dealer if you had to complain to get it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.