Baby BMW Forum banner

IDrive rebooting

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  AndyLoudon 
#1 ·
Anyone's iDrive been rebooting itself randomly I know at least 3 BMWS all different models doing this since yesterday.

BMW seem to have acknowledged an rtti issue which may cause freezing and crashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Strangely, on my way home from work last night, my professional re-booted itself. M140i, 10 months old.

#6 ·
BMW are experiencing issues with RTTI and ConnectedDrive services. The reboots are nothing to worry about, it's BMW attempting to apply a fix/update via the air.

#9 ·
Mine has been doing some strange things lately... Live traffic not working all of the time... 14 month old 225D msport ID5 hope it is them and not the unit.

#10 ·
Stegosaurus said:
BMW are experiencing issues with RTTI and ConnectedDrive services. The reboots are nothing to worry about, it's BMW attempting to apply a fix/update via the air.
Agreed that's what I was told too. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon! That said RTTI and CD was working OK again yesterday evening and no random reboot since.

Thanks for all the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.