Custom Headlights

Fancy some Angel Eyes, want to get rid of that yellow glow, want info on LED's, got a problem with your headlights, get your answers here

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

williamo118d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Custom Headlights

Post by williamo118d » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Ive been busy making some custom headlights this week. Bought the same ones I had on my old Blue E87 off eBay for £120 including all bulbs, which are pictured below. First task was to go through the process of separating them which is quite easy but its very annoying removing the butyl sealant once separated. Then I sprayed the inserts satin black. I was planning on doing a Bi Xenon conversion for the main beam but its just too much hard work, after buying the Projectors anyway I went against the idea and used the lenses to cover the High Beam. I ended up having to butcher the projector lenses a bit so I've used a lot of glue gun. Also the LED rings are 100mm 54SMD rings wired into canbus error cancellers which have been plugged into the side light socket. Main beam are using H7 HID 6000k, and High beam are standard H7 bulbs. Going to use regular orange bulbs for the indicators. If anyone wants to do this themselves then I may do a write up. But these are the only pictures I have so far. Im hoping the lights don't get so hot the glue melts and I'm left with a mess. All in Ive spent no more than £175, which is a bargain!

Going to check that they work properly tomorrow before sealing them up and fitting them! Will update post with photos once fitted!

williamo118d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Custom Headlights

Post by williamo118d » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:40 am

Before and after!
Lit up, I think the lenses will need restoration!

Otherside has a faulty ring so Im waiting for a new one to turn up then they will be fitted!

blingers
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Custom Headlights

Post by blingers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Nice work! Have you tried the high beams with the projector lens?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Return to “Interior/Exterior Lighting”