Baby BMW Forum banner

E8x xenons

7K views 76 replies 8 participants last post by  Beasted 
#1 ·
Without ballast and bulbs what is a good price to pay for a pair? I just got a used good conditioned pair on eBay auction for £123- delivered.

Got to get the ballasts and completebulbs now! If anyone can point me to a good deal. Cheers

#2 ·
You tried on eBay bud? Last time I looked ballasts were about £60 a pop? I THINK they run D1S bulbs so you can buy any ones that are standard D1S fitment and they should work but don't hold me to that!

Headlights themselves on eBay are about £200 a side last time I looked.

#3 ·
Yea D1S and 6G ballast pal. Regarding the D1S do I just need a pair for the xenons? And obviously side lights and indicators. I'm thinking 8k or 10k bulbs.

#4 ·
Beasted said:
Yea D1S and 6G ballast pal. Regarding the D1S do I just need a pair for the xenons? And obviously side lights and indicators. I'm thinking 8k or 10k bulbs.
10k would be too blue? 4300k is what OEM uses I believe. 6k is more of a whiter light, as you move up the scale it goes to more of a blue tint and then more of a purple tint.

I think you would just need a pair for the outer projectors. I believe the inner projectors have a halogen bulb that light up when you turn corners but only if you have adaptive xenons? Otherwise it's just an empty bowl.

#5 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Beasted said:
10k would be too blue? 4300k is what OEM uses I believe. 6k is more of a whiter light, as you move up the scale it goes to more of a blue tint and then more of a purple tint.

I think you would just need a pair for the outer projectors. I believe the inner projectors have a halogen bulb that light up when you turn corners but only if you have adaptive xenons? Otherwise it's just an empty bowl.
Only thought to go slightly blue to match yas Marina pal. Wouldn't want purple though

#7 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Beasted said:
Only thought to go slightly blue today yas Marina pal. Wouldn't want purple though
8k should be nice then :).

For reference.
Nice!

#8 ·
TBH colour wise, 6K is blue enough. You'll start attracting unwanted attention and anything bluer than that. 8k is prety danm blue.

Osram xenarc CBI are the blubs you need.

#10 ·
Joe said:
You got a bargain! And yeah 6k is the highest id go.
The guy is giving me the ballasts and osram 6k bulbs to go with and a spare pair of ds1s. All infor £190 collected. He's 30miles away so not to bad at all.

Would love to black the insides though

#11 ·
As I currently have crappy halogens. And have now bought xenons which mine came with from factory, where will I find the Angel eye led plug from the car? Cheerd

#13 ·
mihad1 said:
Do you have the levelling sensors etc?

Maybe try plugging them in and see if it works?
The Xenon headlights have an extra plug for the angels! Will check at lunch if I have the levellers.? Can I check with wheels on?

#14 ·
#15 ·
Do you know if you got facelift or pre facelift xenon headlights?

the prefacelift are xenon lights with the full beam bulb being halogen and it sited within the inner halo. Facelift lights are Bi-Xenon, so the xenon bulb does both dipped headlights and full beam and the inner halo is either blanked off, or on adaptive lights it's a dim halogen bulb which comes on during tight turns

#16 ·
I see from your sig you've got a convertible, so if you got xenons for the coupe/convertible you should have the bi-xenon set up as I don't think they came with the earlier design that the hatch had.

#17 ·
Gez27 said:
Do you know if you got facelift or pre facelift xenon headlights?

the prefacelift are xenon lights with the full beam bulb being halogen and it sited within the inner halo. Facelift lights are Bi-Xenon, so the xenon bulb does both dipped headlights and full beam and the inner halo is either blanked off, or on adaptive lights it's a dim halogen bulb which comes on during tight turns
Are you asking if the headlights ive got are facelift or non facelift or my actual car? As I'm not sure but here's some pics of them. It runs on h7, d1s and I think the bulb is h10 for the Angel eye bulbs and 6g ballasts.

#18 ·
Those are pre FL if it's any help.

I can't help you with the plug I'm afraid.

#19 ·
0l0dom0l0 said:
Those are fre FL if it's any help.

What's fre FL mean mate?

#20 ·
Beasted said:
0l0dom0l0 said:

What's fre FL mean mate?
Sorry I meant pre facelift.

#21 ·
0l0dom0l0 said:
Beasted said:
0l0dom0l0 said:

What's fre FL mean mate?
Sorry I meant pre facelift.
Oh yea I see it now. Lmao. I do have a pre-facelift. "He says hoping"

#22 ·
Looked inter engine bay behind the halogens but can't see a plug for the Angels. Any help would be great guys.

#24 ·
Now mate have you just tried to plug them in. They'll be enough to cable length to sit them on top of engine bay. And just try them see what's working and what's not bud

#25 ·
Ian83w said:
Now mate have you just tried to plug them in. They'll be enough to cable length to sit them on top of engine bay. And just try them see what's working and what's not bud
Will giveaway a try pal.!. Haha thanks good idea. It's just this Angel plug I can't find...? Stumped by it. If anyone knows where it comes from in the bay that would be great or has some pics.

#26 ·
I couldn't see the pic that great as its on my phone. But I would of thought it would off been in the main block connection as angel eyes are really only the equivelant to side lights on hologens. does the wiring inside the lights go to the Angel eye bulbs. Also I no u didn't have high beams on hologen set up but did u have side lights mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.