Baby BMW Forum banner

The F20 Alloy Wheel Thread

340K views 1K replies 242 participants last post by  Did 
#1 ·
Thought it might be a nice idea to create a thread with optional alloy wheels for the F20, either standard or after market with the actual make and model. I'll kick it off with these, haven't seen an actual F20 with them on yet but they look stunning non the less...

P.S. - Are the standard M135i wheels 17 or 18? Also that guy here who has the nice white M135i with the black OZ Ultra wheels on, what size are yours?

Advan RZ

P.S. - I am tempted with the graphite OZ Ultraleggera wheels, does anyone have a picture with them actually on an EB rather than photoshop?

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it's a good idea to have a sticky for an official Aftermarket Alloy wheel thread for the F20 as there is one that was for the 1 Series (Generic) but all that's in there is E8x ones...

Things got a bit lost with the introduction of the F20 section and subsequent M135i sub forums and most newer members only use these sections now so it becomes more difficult to find things which may have been posted in the previous correct sections.

Marco sort of started one here albeit it was more to start asking questins about his own possible choice of wheel rather than an official aftermarket F20 wheel picture thread

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are quite a few going back the last couple of years too if you do a search...

Maybe the moderators can create a sticky somewhere, either Aftermarket section or F20 section otherwise this one will just get lost like the others.. I must admit it would save having to paste the same old pictures over and over again on different threads :D

Edit: you must have edited your post when I was posting this :lol2:

Standard wheels are 18x7.5" ET45 front and 18x8" ET52 rear

Mine are 18x8 ET40 in matt black but graphite silver is only available in 18x8 ET34 so a bit more aggressive than mine and may cause some rubbing?

Ultraleggera on EB

#7 ·
A thread like this is only really useful if people post details of the wheels in a std. format.

Seen this format from German Forum where people just copy/paste... Germans are efficient though :lol2:

e.g.
Make : BMW Performance Style 405
Size/offset : Front 19x7.5 ET45 Rear 19x8 ET52
Tyres : Pirelli P Zero Front 225/35/19 Rear 245/30/19
Comments : Lowered on Eibach Pro kit springs with 12mm spacers front/rear. No rubbing issues

This way all details are there for everyone to see and will see what can be fitted :)

Reactions: johnpants
#10 ·
Ok here are mine:
Prodrive GC-012L British Black
19x8ET45 front and 19x9ET51 rear
225/35R19 255/30R19
Going up 1" larger yet is 6lb lighter on each corner (tyre wheel combined)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Found these pics on another forum of this 1er

ATS Radial 18x8 ET45 which I've not seen on a 1er before

#14 ·
Sooty - do the Ultras go straight on or does it involve a bit of faffing about?

#15 ·
HypeM135i said:
Sooty - do the Ultras go straight on or does it involve a bit of faffing about?
As mentioned my wheels are OZ Ultraleggera (matt black) 18x8" ET40 all round on 225/40/18 Falken HS439 winter tyres and I have no problems with fitment

18x8 ET40 is only available in bright silver and matt black. For some reason Graphite Silver in 18x8 is only available in ET34 (probably for 3 Series) but you may be able to sqeeze them in at your risk? For a reference they will stick out more by 6mm to my images below.

OZ also have a wider 18x9" option for the rear but this is ET40 (13mm further out to below images) which I personally think you will risk rubbing issues without some work (neg camber, arch roll and/or stretched tyres)

This is my car and lowered 20mm front and 25mm rear compared to std. M135i suspension

#16 ·
I have just sold my M135i and moving on to pastures new and have the following for sale

19inch VMR 710 in Gunmetal
Goodyear Assymetric 225/35/R19 on the front
Goodyear Assymetric 255/30/R19 on the rear

Tyres have less than 2000 miles on them.
1 of the front has rubbed down a kerb but there is minimal damage and 1 of the rears has a nick out of it, again minimal damage and would probably only cost £75 to fix back to new condition
EO&E

If you are interested please PM me an offer. I cannot upload pictures as I am a technophobe!!!
Buyer collects.
New cost of tyres and wheels back in October was £1,940, someone will get a bargain.
Based in Hampshire.

#17 ·
Sooty - you have any pictures of the wheels on without the car being lowered?

MrVix - any pictures?

#18 ·
HypeM135i said:
Sooty - you have any pictures of the wheels on without the car being lowered?

MrVix - any pictures?
Performance Developments took a picture of my car and it is posted on here somewhere. Someone like Sooty might be able to find it for you. I am a complete and utter idiot when it comes to anything high tech and do not even own a camera however I have been reliably informed I have one on my phone :lol2:

#19 ·
#21 ·
MrVix said:
Thanks Sooty, it is those wheels but that is not my car. There is a pic of my silver M135i on here somewhere but not sure where.
Hyper has a EB car so thought it was more abt to show that pic for him ;)

PS There is a classified section on the forum which might help you sell them better than posting in this thread ;)

#23 ·
MrVix said:
Thanks Sooty, it is those wheels but that is not my car. There is a pic of my silver M135i on here somewhere but not sure where.
Just for you :)

#24 ·
Thanks for the pictures guys! I really like the Ultras, they even look good without lowering the car - very tempted. Guess it may cost a bit though as I would either spray a silver set with Ferric Grey (if that's how you pronounce it), or go with a black set, which I am not sure about on an EB yet - they tend to look stunning when the car is in motion but I am not sure when it's stood still

#26 ·
What do you think? Too much? Obviously just a quick photoshop job - but I do love Black & Blue though, the Monte Carlo M3 is one of my all time favourite cars...