babybmw.net

Discussion forum for the BMW 1 & 2 Series
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 pm 

Has any1 ever come across an image or anything of a 1 series on honeycomb style x5 wheels?

these ones;-

Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

LowZimmer wrote:
Has any1 ever come across an image or anything of a 1 series on honeycomb style x5 wheels?

these ones;-

no.....but my mates got them on his E46 cab & they look alright,but i think those wheels are to heavy for a 1 series,but if you like them put them on

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 am 
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

It has become a new fad to fit the old X5 19" wheels to alot of cars now but on the 1 you will need some serious stretch on the tyres and arch mods to fit such an aggressive offset but I am certain you would still get rubbing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

http://www.1forum.de/board42-showroom/b ... 9708c70715
the guy never got to put them on and are now in his dad's x3

btw this car must have had some serious guard work to fit BBS RC 090 8x17 ET 20 wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 pm 
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

You could probably fit four fronts?

Please help the Mod's by using the Report Button Image where appropriate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm 

cheers guys n yea i am aware that serious stretch and arch rolling would be required, luckaly im used to it from being in the vw scene for a while having stretched 165/45 r15's on 8&1/2 inch rims which is even 2 me are eye-opening 2 look at but im not scared lol

i think from that test fit picture that they look perfect, the right diameter with the right amount of stance

i think these shall be on my shopping list in the neer future :)

Post subject: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.

Good luck tho!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 pm 

KeithJ118D wrote:
Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.

Good luck tho!

welll i understand ur point and i respect ur oppinion, each 2 there own ofcourse :)

if i end up with sum and i get them how i want them ill post a pik and we shall see for sure :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 am 
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

LowZimmer wrote:
cheers guys n yea i am aware that serious stretch and arch rolling would be required, luckaly im used to it from being in the vw scene for a while having stretched 165/45 r15's on 8&1/2 inch rims which is even 2 me are eye-opening 2 look at but im not scared lol

Really which Dubs have you owned? I too am from the VW scene....only earlier this year sold my last mk2 Golf! Miss it but prefer the creature comforts of modern cars. Although its amazing how reliable my 20 year old VW was!

KeithJ118D wrote:

Its called being individual which was what modding is all about - doesn't have to always be about practicality....at the end of the day if we all wanted practicality we would be running SE spec cars with their soft suspensions and 16" wheels! :shock:

I personally think if you can get the X5 rims to fit (maybe 4x fronts) then they will look very nice! look immense on that silver 1er.

That having been said I wouldn't go that crazy on my 1-er as its my wifes main mode of transport, where as if it was mine I would toy with wider rims than the standard tried and tested widths and offsets.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm 

123-Singh wrote:
LowZimmer wrote:

Really which Dubs have you owned? I too am from the VW scene....only earlier this year sold my last mk2 Golf! Miss it but prefer the creature comforts of modern cars. Although its amazing how reliable my 20 year old VW was!

KeithJ118D wrote:

Its called being individual which was what modding is all about - doesn't have to always be about practicality....at the end of the day if we all wanted practicality we would be running SE spec cars with their soft suspensions and 16" wheels! :shock:

I personally think if you can get the X5 rims to fit (maybe 4x fronts) then they will look very nice! look immense on that silver 1er.

That having been said I wouldn't go that crazy on my 1-er as its my wifes main mode of transport, where as if it was mine I would toy with wider rims than the standard tried and tested widths and offsets.

I completely agree with u 200% on both quotes ;)

Origionaly i started with a mk3 polo or mk2f as purist call it :p
I loved it 2 bits was burgandy slammed on mk2 golf gti steels, but with it bien a polo it set fire 2 its self twice :/ and eventualy the top-end barings went so it ended up scrapped :(

Then i had a mk2 gof 1.6 driver, put big bumpers on it, coilovers, dz excluziv's and converted it to an 8v gti which was pretty nippy and never let me down not ever the 1.6 mk2 engines are troopers :) but sadly i ended up sliding into a cleo due 2 realy bad weather and the most stupid bend ever known 2 man

There the only 2 vw iv owned but just about all my friends have a vw which i help them with nearly every day lol