babybmw.net

Discussion forum for the BMW 1 & 2 Series
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
Has any1 ever come across an image or anything of a 1 series on honeycomb style x5 wheels?

these ones;-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 pm 
Offline
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:07 am
Posts: 155
Location: London
LowZimmer wrote:
Has any1 ever come across an image or anything of a 1 series on honeycomb style x5 wheels?

these ones;-
Image


no.....but my mates got them on his E46 cab & they look alright,but i think those wheels are to heavy for a 1 series,but if you like them put them on

_________________
08 123d le mans blue Msport coupe...
VMR 701 8.5x19 & 9.5x19,Carbon fibre BMWP rear spoiler,SSDD Carbon fibre splitter,kw Coilovers,Carbon wrap quad diffuser,M3 style exhaust,angle eyes,BMWP brakes.....BMchiptune

                                  


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 am 
Offline
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 191
It has become a new fad to fit the old X5 19" wheels to alot of cars now but on the 1 you will need some serious stretch on the tyres and arch mods to fit such an aggressive offset but I am certain you would still get rubbing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 pm 
Offline
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:30 am
Posts: 277
http://www.1forum.de/board42-showroom/b ... 9708c70715
Image
the guy never got to put them on and are now in his dad's x3

btw this car must have had some serious guard work to fit BBS RC 090 8x17 ET 20 wheels
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:28 pm 
Offline
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Posts: 28933
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore
You could probably fit four fronts?

_________________
Silver F21 M135, Man-box, Heated Seats, HK, Adaptive Dampers, BBS CH-R's, Eibach Pro Springs, Black Panel

Please help the Mod's by using the Report Button Image where appropriate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
cheers guys n yea i am aware that serious stretch and arch rolling would be required, luckaly im used to it from being in the vw scene for a while having stretched 165/45 r15's on 8&1/2 inch rims which is even 2 me are eye-opening 2 look at but im not scared lol

i think from that test fit picture that they look perfect, the right diameter with the right amount of stance

i think these shall be on my shopping list in the neer future :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 pm 
Offline
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 4:19 pm
Posts: 350
Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.

Good luck tho!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:13 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
KeithJ118D wrote:
Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.

Good luck tho!


welll i understand ur point and i respect ur oppinion, each 2 there own ofcourse :)

if i end up with sum and i get them how i want them ill post a pik and we shall see for sure :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:02 am 
Offline
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 191
LowZimmer wrote:
cheers guys n yea i am aware that serious stretch and arch rolling would be required, luckaly im used to it from being in the vw scene for a while having stretched 165/45 r15's on 8&1/2 inch rims which is even 2 me are eye-opening 2 look at but im not scared lol


Really which Dubs have you owned? I too am from the VW scene....only earlier this year sold my last mk2 Golf! Miss it but prefer the creature comforts of modern cars. Although its amazing how reliable my 20 year old VW was!

KeithJ118D wrote:
Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.


Its called being individual which was what modding is all about - doesn't have to always be about practicality....at the end of the day if we all wanted practicality we would be running SE spec cars with their soft suspensions and 16" wheels! :shock:

I personally think if you can get the X5 rims to fit (maybe 4x fronts) then they will look very nice! look immense on that silver 1er.

That having been said I wouldn't go that crazy on my 1-er as its my wifes main mode of transport, where as if it was mine I would toy with wider rims than the standard tried and tested widths and offsets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BMW 1 series on x5 wheels?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
123-Singh wrote:
LowZimmer wrote:
cheers guys n yea i am aware that serious stretch and arch rolling would be required, luckaly im used to it from being in the vw scene for a while having stretched 165/45 r15's on 8&1/2 inch rims which is even 2 me are eye-opening 2 look at but im not scared lol


Really which Dubs have you owned? I too am from the VW scene....only earlier this year sold my last mk2 Golf! Miss it but prefer the creature comforts of modern cars. Although its amazing how reliable my 20 year old VW was!

KeithJ118D wrote:
Sorry but they just look awful! If BMW designed them for a X5 then they are meant for that vehicle or similar. I could understand the 3 series wheels for a 1 series however am X5 is just mental.



Its called being individual which was what modding is all about - doesn't have to always be about practicality....at the end of the day if we all wanted practicality we would be running SE spec cars with their soft suspensions and 16" wheels! :shock:

I personally think if you can get the X5 rims to fit (maybe 4x fronts) then they will look very nice! look immense on that silver 1er.

That having been said I wouldn't go that crazy on my 1-er as its my wifes main mode of transport, where as if it was mine I would toy with wider rims than the standard tried and tested widths and offsets.


I completely agree with u 200% on both quotes ;)

Origionaly i started with a mk3 polo or mk2f as purist call it :p
I loved it 2 bits was burgandy slammed on mk2 golf gti steels, but with it bien a polo it set fire 2 its self twice :/ and eventualy the top-end barings went so it ended up scrapped :(

Then i had a mk2 gof 1.6 driver, put big bumpers on it, coilovers, dz excluziv's and converted it to an 8v gti which was pretty nippy and never let me down not ever the 1.6 mk2 engines are troopers :) but sadly i ended up sliding into a cleo due 2 realy bad weather and the most stupid bend ever known 2 man

There the only 2 vw iv owned but just about all my friends have a vw which i help them with nearly every day lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group