Baby BMW Forum banner

Which fabric hood protector and some tips

563 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sam1er 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have been using the AG Fabric hood kit and although the cleaner is very good, i find the protector does not last very long and cannot resist too much water. Are there any better products out there?

I dont find the spray bottle very easy to use as i tend to get some of over spray on the windscreen and paint work at times and is a PITA to remove, mostly the wind carrying the spray. So was thinking of using a paint brush or similar, any tips on what to use? I'm guessing there's no harm in using a bottle cap and paint brush to apply a hood protector.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Another vote for i1. Water beads as if on freshly waxed paint. Lasts a long time too. Comes in a spray bottle but overspray wipes straight off and any extra left over you can use on your interior if you wanted. If you're really worried about overspray you could always lay a few cloths over the windscreen/rear window.

I just bought a sample bottle to try but I'm going to order a bigger one. Here's how water behaves on my mats now they're protected with i1. Runs straight off when I lift the mat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.