Baby BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOTO COMPETITION - Jan / Feb 2014 - entries by 16th Feb

21K views 70 replies 20 participants last post by  Semerka 
#1 ·
So, here we go again! :cool2:

This time could we please have your motors photographed near, under, in or on a BRIDGE, TUNNEL, VIADUCT, RAILWAY ARCH and such.

The same rules apply: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please post your entries in this thread by the end of Sunday, 9th February 2014.

Thank you! :)

#2 ·
So now we are all together again on this great forum, please do not forget to enter your photos.

I have extended the deadline till 15th Feb, hoping the weather improves as well.

Thank you and happy snapping! :)

#5 ·
Semerka said:
So now we are all together again on this great forum, please do not forget to enter your photos.

I have extended the deadline till 15th Feb, hoping the weather improves as well.

Thank you and happy snapping! :)
I sure hope the weather improves! Still not had chance to give the car a good clean and do the photos I want :( 2 great entries so far, lets keep them coming!

#6 ·
I also found a location on the map :lol2:, not sure if it'll work in reality, but the weather for this weekend isn't very encouraging here down South again.

#9 ·
Ok, so I've lost my patience with the weather and braved the lashing rain we had today in the South East, on the upside it meant no people were around. :)

This photo had the clarity and vibrance settings increased in Lightroom 5. :wink:

#11 ·
Ha ha, that train took me by surprise! :lol2:

#12 ·
well I dug the camera out from where it has been hiding since i moved, don't think I've used it for over 6 months and boy do you realise when you attempt to use it again :redface: So today was a very steep learning curve and yep i got a few things wrong unfortunately but having a spare 30mins I rushed to try and get a shot in as i wont have time again for a while as I work long hours and weekends. So as much as i would have liked this to have been perfect (well as good as I could manage) its far from it lol good to get the camera out and have some inspiration though :eek: Might have to have a tweak see if i can get it looking better.

#14 ·
Great photos peeps! :thumbs:

Sunday is supposed to be gloriously sunny,down here at least, so get your lenses clean for a spot of photography :wink:

#19 ·
Semerka said:
Ok, so I've lost my patience with the weather and braved the lashing rain we had today in the South East, on the upside it meant no people were around. :)

This photo had the clarity and vibrance settings increased in Lightroom 5. :wink:

Freight train would have added more drama,and maybe block that metal gate with that nice clean 135i.. :wink:

#20 ·
Ha ha, and a steam train would have been awesome too. [WINKING FACE]

I did reverse to hide the gate but I did not like the result, as the roof line was the same height as the hedge. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Where's your pickie please! [WINKING FACE]

#21 ·
Cracking photo Semerka

Yep your right, a nice Black 5 puffing over the viaduct would have been great!

Keep well

#22 ·
Semerka said:
Ha ha, and a steam train would have been awesome too. [WINKING FACE]
I did reverse to hide the gate but I did not like the result, as the roof line was the same height as the hedge. [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Where's your pickie please! [WINKING FACE]
Definitely-a 'steam special' in full flow would look majestic. :)

Thats a fair comment and a fine shot none the less. :wink:

Still on the case for that suitable location.. :chin:

bomber said:
Cracking photo Semerka

Yep your right, a nice Black 5 puffing over the viaduct would have been great!
Indeed.. :)

#23 ·
I was told about this viaduct by a friend and then I went on Google Earth to check the surroundings.

Perhaps Google Earth could be helpful in finding locations for this month competition? I originally had a road tunnel under a railway in mind, that I found on a map.

#25 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.