Baby BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tips

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Octavius 
#1 ·
Hi all :) looking for a quick tip. I took this pic last night at the bluewater meet and wondered if there is a way to prevent the headlights washing out when on. Even when taking a picture of my halo rings, they never look sharp. Ive tried a slower shutter speed which only makes the picture darker. How do you lot get around it? :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Shutter speed looks too low on both of these (Visible movement from handshake), I'd recommend putting that up a little just to start with. The darkness issue can be resolved by adjusting ISO and aperture (F/ Number) accordingly.
As for trying to get a correct exposure for both the detail of the lights, and the main subject, then you'll struggle without photoshop. Easiest way I'd do it is use a tripod, take one photo exposed for the car, another exposed just for the headlights until you get satisfactory detail. Then use an editing program to 'cut' the headlights out of the photo exposed for them, and place them onto the image exposed for the car.

#6 ·
agree with the above

Also a bit of processing would help on the first - send me the originals and I will see what I can do

I would suggest a increase F number and increase ISO to compensate if you do not have a tripod. A increase in F number provides more of the pic in focus but will limit the light so normally shutter speed will decrese. ISO will compensate for this

#8 ·
nickfrog said:
HDR. If you have a tripod you can merge 2 exposures in PS.
This. I would few pictures with different settings. Have one that's a bit darker which you can see the detail in the lights, and then one which is lighter to see the rest of the car.

Then you can just combine the 2 into a single photo with the good bits of both.

#10 ·
Share the results please and have fun, don't get electrocuted! :)

#11 ·
Semerka said:
Share the results please and have fun, don't get electrocuted! :)
That would be good to photograph - Dans' eyes brighter than his Angel eyes :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.