• Thundernight

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1

Votes: 7 21.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.

October/November 2011 Entries - Choose your favourite photo!

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  sonicvanman 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Congratulations and thanks again to Semerka for producing the winning photo for September and setting this months photo brief.

The photo brief for this month was to take a picture of your 1er in an autumnal scene.

Good work again by those who took part, but not had that many entries this month... Must be due to the weather, is it too cold for everyone?

To confirm it's the same voting format as last time and the challenge winner gets to set the next challenge brief.

Please see the entries below:

Chris123

BMWPaul

Jonnie5

fab512

Semerka

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel it's between the last 3 photo's. Whilst the first 2 are still good photo's especially BMWPaul's which has the best picture enhancement contrast etc they don't really remind you of autumn. I'll never going to be voting someone else due to the fact I love my own car it's the best colour, wheels and although the iPhone never picked up the depth of colour from the sun, it still remembers me of the beautiful location and the drive to and fro that was a fantastic autumn day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

#3 ·
Jonnie5 said:
1: I feel it's between the last 3 photo's.
2: Whilst the first 2 are still good photo's especially BMWPaul's which has the best picture enhancement contrast etc they don't really remind you of autumn
3: I'll never going to be voting someone else due to the fact I love my own car
4: it's the best colour, wheels
5: and although the iPhone never picked up the depth of colour from the sun, it still remembers me of the beautiful location and the drive to and fro that was a fantastic autumn day.

1: agree....
2: .....for this reason
3: tut tut
4: no its not!
5: stop gushing and trying to get more votes :lol2:

:wink: :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

#5 ·
dubdemand said:
Just added my pic to the competition thread before I spotted the voting had started... dont think for a second I'll win but is it too late to add me to the list?
Deadline was 15th so looks like you might have just missed out. Nice pic. though BTW!

#9 ·
Jonnie5 said:
I feel it's between the last 3 photo's. Whilst the first 2 are still good photo's especially BMWPaul's which has the best picture enhancement contrast etc they don't really remind you of autumn. I'll never going to be voting someone else due to the fact I love my own car it's the best colour, wheels and although the iPhone never picked up the depth of colour from the sun, it still remembers me of the beautiful location and the drive to and fro that was a fantastic autumn day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank
What YOU feel is your prerogative, but surely a little OTT to be posting comments such as above to everyone when you've posted a photo and at the end of the day it's what everyone else thinks is the best photo and not what you think.

Rant over

:rollseyes:

#10 ·
Joint 3rd right now ..comon' :D

ps. I'm not German.. I just live here! So if you're not wanting to vote for me because of my registration plate - think again! :lol2: x 100 :spotman:

#11 ·
Good job all round on this one guys and congratulations! Looks like we have our first tie breaker situation!...

We have two options... You can either agree on the next topic together...

... Or you can choose a theme each and then we can try to merge them together?

I'll need you to confirm this by 30th November though guys so that we can get your competition up ready for December!

Apologies to dubdemand too, you had a cracking image and I've sent you a PM dude, I hope you understand why I couldn't add you to the voting list, but I really hope you stick around for the next one!

#12 ·
lukemedway_uk said:
Good job all round on this one guys and congratulations! Looks like we have our first tie breaker situation!...

We have two options... You can either agree on the next topic together...

... Or you can choose a theme each and then we can try to merge them together?

I'll need you to confirm this by 30th November though guys so that we can get your competition up ready for December!

Apologies to dubdemand too, you had a cracking image and I've sent you a PM dude, I hope you understand why I couldn't add you to the voting list, but I really hope you stick around for the next one!
Thanks to those who voted!

So Chris and I have agreed with 'cold winter' theme for December.

Regards,

Paul

#13 ·
BMWPaul said:
Thanks to those who voted!

So Chris and I have agreed with 'cold winter' theme for December.

Regards,

Paul
I'll be bowing out of this one too then, as if the present weather (apart from extremely gusty winds and rain) continues, temperature-wise, the 'cold winter' theme will be non-existent until the next ice age.

:lol2:

#15 ·
Cheers guys, the deadline for this one will be the end of December; although I think we should have a caveat that if most of the UK hasn't had any cold weather, we could extend this by another 2 weeks?

I study the weather quite a lot and in the UK the pattern is about to shift within the next 2-2.5 weeks to much colder weather; not sure about the likelihood of any snow, but think frosty close-ups... Could be a good challenge!

Paul/Chris, how about a secondary objective if we do not get any cold weather in our region? In the meantime, I'll set this one up!

#17 ·
:lol2: I have to be honest I just do it for kicks...

I kinda fell into it from all the talk of anthropogenic global warming and instead of just blindly believing what the government and the tabloids are saying, I wanted to find out for myself what the deal with it is... As it happens I still haven't really made my mind up, but what I do know is that we're all paying green taxes for science that isn't truly ratified.

#18 ·
lukemedway_uk said:
:lol2: I have to be honest I just do it for kicks...

I kinda fell into it from all the talk of anthropogenic global warming and instead of just blindly believing what the government and the tabloids are saying, I wanted to find out for myself what the deal with it is... As it happens I still haven't really made my mind up, but what I do know is that we're all paying green taxes for science that isn't truly ratified.
Top marks to you. Personally I just read the weather report and do the exact opposite of what it says......hasnt failed me yet :wink: :wink:

#19 ·
lukemedway_uk said:
Cheers guys, the deadline for this one will be the end of December; although I think we should have a caveat that if most of the UK hasn't had any cold weather, we could extend this by another 2 weeks?
i will be looking forward to entering this month but a the end of the month as my new Pentax k-r :) is in its box till xmas day then i have to learn to use it then fingers crossed some cold weather shots ready to be snapped so would welcome a extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.