Baby BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornwall M135i & M235i Meet II - 2nd Nov 2014

9K views 212 replies 14 participants last post by  Falmouthboy 
#1 ·
Following our successful first M135i meet in September from Truro we've arranged another one for 2nd November and 'expanded' it to M235i's to see if we can get a few more cars along. Bit scared to suggest 'open house' as I have no idea how many would turn up. :redface:

We're meeting in Watergate Bay (Newquay) public car park at 2pm before setting off for a run that will end up at the new services at Victoria for refreshment and chat.

So ...... if you're in the area and want to join in please pop a post on here. Also, do you have any favourite runs that you could suggest for this and future Mlite gatherings in Cornwall? We're looking for a meeting place and a nice run to a suitable hostelry for a lime and soda.

#2 ·
Have attached a poll to collate votes on suggested dates but have realised that you can't see the poll on tapatalk :| so please open the thread in 'webview' to participate - many thanks :)

POLL CLOSED AND NO LONGER VISIBLE

#9 ·
dungaboy said:
Washy1 said:
Where's Devon? :lol2:
Steady.....or we will stop you passing through :bigsmile:
Devon was only invented because the Cornish needed something to rest the other end of the Tamar bridge on[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I'll keep an eye out for some of you guys this week. We are driving down from Leeds at 4am tomorrow, spending some time in Porthtowan and Barnstaple :)

#12 ·
Japanred120d said:
I'll keep an eye out for some of you guys this week. We are driving down from Leeds at 4am tomorrow, spending some time in Porthtowan and Barnstaple :)
Should have a good run that early in the morning! Check out the Blue Bar while in Porthtowan - one of the best beach-side bars in Cornwall - enjoy!

Back in a sensible car ;-) (M135i) ....... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#14 ·
CarGeek said:
I might be able to get us a few freebies/vouchers if we meet at the new Cornwall Services next time :wink: :D

Fairly central, cheap petrol (including Super), plenty of eating options and nice pizzas.
So we have a finishing point? ............ need a starting point ..... :)

#17 ·
Not the most picturesque, but if the car park is quiet we could probably get some decent pics there too.

:woohoo:

Would be nice to get some arty pics too, I think Falmouthboy suggested some pics with a Cornish engine house as a backdrop a while back - I liked this idea.

#18 ·
We could incorporate a bit of the Newquay-Padstow road for some added glamour. Perhaps start Watergate bay, via St Eval (shut on Sunday so should be quiet).

The only photogenic engine houses I know of are St Agnes way though.

#20 ·
Loads of car mags and manufacturers use the beach here for their photos. You can park on the beach and get the sea in the background.

Only a thought; the coast road to Delabole then across to the A30 is fun if the traffic is light.

Just an idea!

The Newquay Padstow road is very pretty but also pretty narrow in many places.

Another great road is Perranporth to Godrevy on the Coast.

#21 ·
CarGeek said:
Loads of car mags and manufacturers use the beach here for their photos. You can park on the beach and get the sea in the background.
Is that at any tide state or just low tide? Wouldn't be good arranging something only to find us having to be rescued ..... :escape:

#22 ·
Soup said:
CarGeek said:
Is that at any tide state or just low tide? Wouldn't be good arranging something only to find us having to be rescued ..... :escape:
Now that would be a disaster!
Needs to be bigger than 7.5m (unless there's loads of swell) and full high tide to trouble any cars. It's that size about twice a year so we'd be fine; but I'd check ahead anyway! I have seen a van get smashed against a wall by the sea in those crazy storms!

#25 ·
Could always suggest a Saturday if there's enough interest for St Eval?

#26 ·
Soup said:
Could always suggest a Saturday if there's enough interest for St Eval?

Ok, ignore my last - let's discuss what we want to do about a karting get together at our next run? Might be easier ......

Also, as I'm being decisive on everyone's behalf (note to self - don't bother with a poll .... just be bossy) lets go with Sunday 2nd Nov so we have maximum daylight.

So .... we finish at Cargeek's suggestion (new services at Victoria) for the post run social bit (food optional in case you've had the proverbial Sunday roast beforehand).

Do we start with a photo opportunity on the beach at Rock and incorporate the Pastow-Newquay bit or is that too much and we just start at Watergate? (I'm obviously not being as decisive as I thought :? :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.