Baby BMW Forum banner

South Wales Meet

10K views 98 replies 15 participants last post by  Willz135 
#1 ·
Okay so i figure there is a lot of interest for a meet in the South Wales area,

Firstly i think we should try and arrange something while the weather is still tropical, the only downside to driving in weather like this is that your car gets covered in insects ! However i am happy to make that sacrifice !

So i was thinking,

1. Black Mountain Pass
2. A4107/A4061 Cwmafan to Pantyrawel
3. Brecon Beacons

These are the 3 that i think would be good fun and they all have outstanding views !

Downsides,
Black Mountain Pass - there isnt really anywhere for us to stop etc and i dont know where we would all meet to get there as it is in the middle of no where with no good roads leading to it.

A4107/A4061 Cwmafan to Pantyrawel - you have to drive through small villages to get to it and to get off it and depending on the time of day it could be very busy.

Brecon Beacons - Sheep.

Preferably i would choose the Beacons, there are fantastic views, awesome roads and plenty of places to stop to take pictures, have something to eat, talk etc.

But this is for all of you to choose, so please let me know your thoughts ! Would be great to meet some of you !

Date wise i was thinking either this saturday or sunday, i know its short notice but i dont know how long this weather is going to last !

Let me know your Thoughts :)

See less See more
#3 ·
It's always going to be timing lol there isn't many of us so once 2 or 3 can't make it, it won't happen

If there were a lot more of us then it wouldn't matter

I'm a workaholic and seem to working rather that not

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
Okay again Dates are a pain,

i think if everyone leaves the dates they are available then we can go from there? i am free on the following weekends..

July - 20th/21st
August - 17th/18th
August - 24th/25th
August - 31st/1st

Another idea i had was about the BMW show in SantaPod, its on the 15th of Spetember, i thought if enough members from Wales were going we could go up in convoy ? Just an idea!

#7 ·
Ratcliffe33 said:
Okay again Dates are a pain,

i think if everyone leaves the dates they are available then we can go from there? i am free on the following weekends..

July - 20th/21st
August - 17th/18th
August - 24th/25th
August - 31st/1st

Another idea i had was about the BMW show in SantaPod, its on the 15th of Spetember, i thought if enough members from Wales were going we could go up in convoy ? Just an idea!
Like the idea of santapod cruise

#13 ·
rob180bhp said:
Pete-r said:
I'm game and can do this weekend but got my vx220 at the nationals next weekend.
At the nationals? That racing or just show n shine?

Haha it's the national meet, the guy who always organises is from Bridgend or Cardiff I think so they are always convenient ;)@

I'm not tracking this time, but may do llandow in august.

Its not a race day, but about 25 have an open pit lane. Some of the turbo cars and supercharge converted 2.2s are incredibly quick.

My VX is all mouth and no trousers compared to some of them lol but I got the right tyres and other bits to make the car look more capable haha.

#16 ·
It's next Saturday.

Re the JB it was so hot I was making silly mistakes, like dropping tools into the bay and having to fish them out with magnet rods, and I bolted the top cowling back without putting the HVAC filter unit in so had to remove again each bolt in this heat was hart work.

My arms are scratched to bits cos I couldn't get my hands in to take the tmap snap in connector off.

Car can ow do 15-95 in under 9s which is pretty inmpressive.

#17 ·
I drilled and tapped a hole for my air intake gauge last weekend which meant stripping enough to get the throttle body off
The heat was unbearable out side my tools were getting heat soaked in the sun to the point I could barely touch any thing so I can sympathetise with you

Hence I have stalled fitting my intercooler but might do it today)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.