Baby BMW Forum banner

E82 135i clutches

6K views 125 replies 8 participants last post by  Super333 
#1 ·
Whats my options with regards to replacement clutches ?

Oem Prices ?
Manufacture prices ?
Reviews ?

etc

#2 ·
Got a price of oem clutch which was around £310. There's the option of a 335is clutch which apparently can take more power/torque but I couldn't find any figures for this. They are around the £310 mark also. I've gone for the spec stage 2+ which gets good reviews but I'm yet to fit. This was around £450-£500 delivered from the states but is rated for around 550lb/ft. Im going to fit a new dmfw whilst I'm at it. With mine being the early 8 bolt type dmfw it was a bit more expensive at £350 for an luk one. The 6 bolt ones are a bit cheaper

#3 ·
I'm going with the spec stage 3+ then I'm covered whatever I do to my car! the stage 2+ will be fine with RB's but if I get meth then il be borderline. it's about $850 and can be used with oem dual mass flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
thanks il bear this in mind, and i only use my car on weekends really so i don't mind if it's a bit heavy, the clutch in my 135i is really light compared to my sisters 118d, I can't see it been much heavier than that

#11 ·
I've found a few running it on n54tech but they were running single turbo setups or RB turbos with meth etc.

#13 ·
getting sent out to me this week so I should get them sometime next week! and not sure yet but I want to make sure the clutch can take it if I decide to go with it, don't want to buy twice lol

#16 ·
should do it haha not yet though I need to sort funds out first

#20 ·
what was the power increase like with meth? and how easy is it to maintain etc?
and not yet rob i need to fire up the netbook to do it and that may take a while lol, got the page saved though

#23 ·
the maps are all in here " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but I may get a wedge performance map afterwards, you send him your datalogs etc and he can make you a custom map for about $50, have a look into it

#24 ·
stock pump is fine the lpfp only needs upgrading for those who run e85, I don't think it even needs upgrading for single turbo upgrades

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.