Baby BMW Forum banner

Quaife LSD For 130 10% Discount

77K views 232 replies 69 participants last post by  fmn716 
#1 ·
Birds are kindly offering members of this forum a 10% discount off the internet price of their Quaife LSD for the 130. The LSDs are not currently in stock, although they have been ordered and are due to arrive end of April. This offer is available until the end of April 2007.

Edit by chanlon1:Since the below URL doesn't appear in php code correctly, please cut and paste the whole line into another browser window

Unfortunately this offer will not be available to the US or Canada due to contractual obligations.

Please be aware that I have no affiliation to Birds whatsoever and have no monetary gains to be made from this discount deal. Also, please ensure that you contact Birds directly, should you wish to purchase an LSD.

What I can say is that during my dealings with Birds they have been very helpful and extremely professional. Any questions regarding the LSD I would suggest you contact Birds directly.

Cheers. :D

PS The board moderators have approved this post.

See less See more
#205 ·
Ant said:
kennman said:
Actually i can answer you right here, if anyone else also would be interested.

So i paid 1284 eur (vat included), that's 1065 gbp.
It has been in my car for a little over a year, but bare in mind it has a lifetime warranty (by Birds UK, where mine's from)
My price is 850 gbp. Of course this is the final price, so no extra VAT or any other tax is included. This is the final price with all the papers(original receipts...), quaife box and warranty.
just bear in mind the lifetime warranty is for original purchaser only, i would say going rate for a used Diff should be closer to 600. anything more and i would want it serviced by quaife with a clean bill of health.
You realise a brand new diff from Bird's is £876?

#211 ·
Payment made can't wait to get these through be glad to get rid of the poor tired 230k mile knob lol!

#222 ·
Tradtx said:
I do beg your pardon, didn't realise how old this thread was. Can these be bought used?
Depends on application.

the bolt in type ones for the 130/125i etc can be and a few people have sold them 2nd hand. The 135i ones have to be cut, machined and drilled and tapped. So your only chance for that is someone parting out and doing an entire diff swap.

But the difference is epic. I love my diff, especially on corner exit because im a hooligan! :lol2:

#224 ·
I called Bird's for a quote for a Quaife installation on my 130i and commented about the 10% discount offer.

It's no longer on offer, so the full price including installation is just over £1300 +VAT.

The diff only is a bit under £900 +VAT

That's cheaper than a Wavetrac from Regal:

Wavetrac ATB LSD £1356
ARP Bolt Set £120
Labour/machine time to machine final drive away from OE differential, thread for ARP bolts and install Wavetrac to final drive. £480
Labour to install differential into OE case and setup backlash to OE specs £160

Shipping to any UK mainland address of Wavetrac only £12
Shipping to any UK mainland address of setup diff in housing £50

If the axle is bolted the only cost is the diff, labour to install and shipping.

#225 ·
Good to see up to date pricing, the 130 diff has bolted ring gear so no extra machining and much easier than 135i etc with the welded ring gear.

Cant believe Birds are charging over £400 to install a 130 diff :eek2: I presume that's a drive in and drive out job but even so!

In new year when im ready to think about fittin LSD I might see if I can organise a discount on Wavetrac from one of my customers who is a dealer for them, also I have a friend who did the Quaife install on my last 130 I will ask him about install pricing as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.