Kenu Airframe:

Climair wind deflectors:

DIY Refurb'd winter wheels (E46 Style 67 reps - 4 x front wheels):

Scrubbing the winters in:

DIY Led strip boot light mod: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black vinyl wrapped mirrors & blades:

Lowered on Eibachs, running on Dare X2s wrapped in Yokohama AD08s

Blue Mirrors

Sparco Assetto Garas - didn't need more wheels, but they were too pretty to ignore

Alcantara Wheel and M6 Paddles

Performance Seat (driver side only so far) fitted! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Inspired by the Manhart M135i, I replaced the black v-strut (behind the grills, in front of the radiator) with one I've painted Estoril Blue. Lighting is poor in the photo, but it's a good colour match and I love the way it looks.

Then, as I had the bumper off anyway, I got round to fitting one of Gazp's splitters:

Second performance seat fitted at last:

See less See more
#3 ·
marco_polo said:
Nice work.

What's the plan for the Dare set, are they a track set-up, or everyday summer rims?
Everyday summers I think - not sure I've got the balls to do tracks days without insurance, and not sure I've got the wallet to fund track day insurance!

Current plan is probably OEM winters, and Dare summers, with the Style 67 reps getting sold on. Ideally I'd sell the OEM ones and keep the 67's, but I think I might be shafting myself come re-sale.

#4 ·
Always nice to see posts where someones who's adventerous to make changes to their car :)

Looking good... I guess you could have used your OEM wheels for winters assuming you are using the Dare's for the rest of the year..

Not sure if you may want spacers if using OEM's for winters now that you are lowered on Eibachs

Are you happy with it now or do you still have additional planned mods?

#5 ·
sootyvrs said:
Always nice to see posts where someones who's adventerous to make changes to their car :)

Looking good... I guess you could have used your OEM wheels for winters assuming you are using the Dare's for the rest of the year..

Are you happy with it now or do you still have additional planned mods?
Cheers - and yeah, I think that'll end up being my wheel strategy!

I quite fancied wrapping the roof in gloss black vinyl too - I bought enough, just didn't get the time to do a proper job of it. That'd probably be it for visual mods, although I could be tempted by a nice gloss black splitter that doesn't cost hundreds of pounds!

Inside I'm on the lookout for a set of these seats - never really got on with leather. There's a chap breaking an MSport on eBay at the moment, but he wants £750 for the seats which seems a bit steep.

Then performance wise, who knows. I suspect I'll pull the trigger on a JB4 and decat\sports cat at some point.

#7 ·
Blackroc said:
I have to say that those E46 wheels look awesome on the M135!
Cheers mate. Can't remember the offset but think they're 8J ET44 so they fill the arches nicely. Bit of a rubbish photo taken outside Budgens when they were pretty dirty, but yeah I'm chuffed with them.

#10 ·
essiii said:
mikey_tikes said:
Not by any chance got Eibachs on an adaptive car have you?
Yep
Interesting, I'm getting tempted to do the same, but I don't want to ruin the ride which I really like at the moment, or risk long term damage.

What are your thoughts so far? Is it almost the same or just as good on normal roads? It does roll a bit on track...

#11 ·
mikey_tikes said:
essiii said:
mikey_tikes said:
Not by any chance got Eibachs on an adaptive car have you?
Yep
Interesting, I'm getting tempted to do the same, but I don't want to ruin the ride which I really like at the moment, or risk long term damage.

What are your thoughts so far? Is it almost the same or just as good on normal roads? It does roll a bit on track...
They don't ruin the ride. Far from it. I was cacking myself if I'm honest, because I did ruin the ride on my S3 and really didn't want to do that again, but it's fine. I wouldn't hesitate in doing it again.

#13 ·
essiii said:
Inside I'm on the lookout for a set of these seats - never really got on with leather. There's a chap breaking an MSport on eBay at the moment, but he wants £750 for the seats which seems a bit steep.

Then performance wise, who knows. I suspect I'll pull the trigger on a JB4 and decat\sports cat at some point.
I'm sure you would find a member on here who would do a deal for an interior swap assuming you don't want to keep your leather to revert to standard later.

#14 ·
692DPG said:
essiii said:

I'm sure you would find a member on here who would do a deal for an interior swap assuming you don't want to keep your leather to revert to standard later.
Yeah, the issue is I probably ought to hang on to the old seats (along with the oem wheels, exhaust, springs etc.) so I don't shaft myself on resale.

#16 ·
leon1984 said:
glad it's not just me that would prefer a nice fabric/alcantara interior than leather. Too hot, too cold, not breathable etc etc. Not a fan at all
Mate of mine has these half leather half alcantara ones in his Z. They're lurvely.

#18 ·
as7920 said:
Car's looking good!

Surprised I haven't seen you around. Your local to me in Woking, used to live in Byfleet and recognise the parking outside the new Budgens!
Cheers mate. Also surprised, there's so many of us around this area and the only other m135 I've bumped into is another EB auto who's not on this forum.

#19 ·
essiii said:
as7920 said:
Car's looking good!

Surprised I haven't seen you around. Your local to me in Woking, used to live in Byfleet and recognise the parking outside the new Budgens!
Cheers mate. Also surprised, there's so many of us around this area and the only other m135 I've bumped into is another EB auto who's not on this forum.
Yeah especially as my in-laws still live there and we regularly go over. Will keep any eye out!

#22 ·
Stan 24v said:
What's your opinion on the wind deflector mate?
In the summer I quite like driving with the windows down - take best advantage of the Milltek - the wind deflectors definitely make the cabin less blustery, which is what I wanted.

lac.le said:
boot mod is awesome
Cheers - it's genuinely made life easier on these dark winter mornings\evenings.

#24 ·
Nice Rich!

Still enjoying the AD08's? Now that you've had them on for a while... any problems in really wet conditions?

#25 ·
sootyvrs said:
Nice Rich!

Still enjoying the AD08's? Now that you've had them on for a while... any problems in really wet conditions?
Cheers mate. Very much enjoying the AD08s. They've been on the car since late December, so right through the worst of the wet conditions. Now I've not been driving my car at 120mph, WOT, DSC Off down the M3 but I've not struggled with the wet at all.

Sure it'll spin up the wheels if you're being a pillock, but no different to the PSS in my opinion. Biggest plus point still has to be the decreased road noise. And they look sexy :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.