Baby BMW Forum banner

Bux's BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

16K views 67 replies 29 participants last post by  Bux 
#1 ·

Latest update!:
Finally got round to giving it a proper wash, claying and waxing today and then got a few photos before it started raining!

From the beginning:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the BMW scene, after having a RenaultSport Clio 197. Thought i'd go for something that cruises a bit better and has a bit more luxury to it, so got myself a 123d M-Sport Coupe.

[/url]

After seeing quite a few of the coupes on here, I decided to get hold of 1 quick mod...
Can you guess what it is?

Darklines! :D

Looking forward to getting to know you lot on here. I used to be (still am really) on cliosport.net, so I know how helpful these club forums can be :D

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys :D

rabbitstew said:
Looks just like mine but I've got the black leather. I love it!

Although mine hasn't got the aerial on the roof.... What year is yours? Mines late 2011.
Mines a 58 (2009) one. That's why I like my personal plate, it hides how old it is haha

#7 ·
Tricky 21 Jan said:
Very nice looking car!! Hows the difference between the clio and the bm?

I myself went from an astra vxr to a 118d. Big difference in power obv but money saving on fuel etc is great
Thanks mate, there is a massive difference between them to be honest. The clio felt like it had more grip in the corners, but would only really get anywhere quick if you were revving the tits off of it. The BMW on the other hand, it feels like it has a bit less grip (due to being RWD and unable to keep the power planted), but is able to pull like a train from pretty much anywhere in the rev range.

I used to get about 30mpg in the Clio, and that was driving it rather sedately most of the time, where as i'm getting about 40-45mpg in the BMW and driving swiftly :)

Also, the interior of the BMW is in a class of it's own, its incredible :)

#8 ·
Bux said:
Tricky 21 Jan said:
Very nice looking car!! Hows the difference between the clio and the bm?

I myself went from an astra vxr to a 118d. Big difference in power obv but money saving on fuel etc is great
Thanks mate, there is a massive difference between them to be honest. The clio felt like it had more grip in the corners, but would only really get anywhere quick if you were revving the tits off of it. The BMW on the other hand, it feels like it has a bit less grip (due to being RWD and unable to keep the power planted), but is able to pull like a train from pretty much anywhere in the rev range.

I used to get about 30mpg in the Clio, and that was driving it rather sedately most of the time, where as i'm getting about 40-45mpg in the BMW and driving swiftly :)

Also, the interior of the BMW is in a class of it's own, its incredible :)
Glad to hear it! I get between 50-60mpg going to work now :) . And yeh the interior of that car looks cracking

#9 ·
Very nice, I also have one the same but with black interior. I prefer the light interior though!

Amazing cars- for anyone looking there is a very nice one on auto trader with very low mileage for the year 2008, 22700, miles £10495. Thought at first it must have been a mistake but it's been there for 24 hours?

#11 ·
Newbmwbaby said:
Amazing cars- for anyone looking there is a very nice one on auto trader with very low mileage for the year 2008, 22700, miles £10495. Thought at first it must have been a mistake but it's been there for 24 hours?
It's a Cat D, hence the low price

#12 ·
Bux said:
Newbmwbaby said:
It's a Cat D, hence the low price
Must have been front impact, the car has the pre FL xenon headlights, which the coupe never originally got. Looks great, esp with the cream leather!

#13 ·
Nice looking car mate, same as mine pretty much spec wise :)
I wonder if who ever installed those xenons, installed the self levellers?

E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade | Lemon Leather | Heated Seats | Cruise | Depos | 6000k Angel LEDS | 4300k HIDS

#15 ·
Bux said:
I'm getting confused now that one on autotrader has been mentioned. Haha.

Mine has had xenons installed and from what i can tell it does have self levelers. Mine is not a Cat D, the one on autotrader is.
It seems weird they didnt change the cabin light switch so it doesn't have the rotary dial on that adjusts the headlights?
Can you actually see your headlights moving up and down ever so slightly as you're driving?

I'm just thinking come mot time that's all matey :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
There is that way of finding out what was factory fitted to the car on the BMW website, to see if the xenons were factory fitted or not. I just can't remember how its done

#17 ·
RHK3 said:
There is that way of finding out what was factory fitted to the car on the BMW website, to see if the xenons were factory fitted or not. I just can't remember how its done
I know that they are not factory fitted on mine, they were fitted afterwards.

It's already had 1 MOT and it passed fine, so im hoping it will be fine in the future. I've read the MOT guidelines and inspection procedures and it says that discretion can be given with regard to self leveling

#18 ·
jack front end up and lights should move. The cabin switch should have no roller on it if its been done properly.

Yeah those are pre LCI headlights, never meant for that car so they must have been retrofitted at some point....no washers either which is another indication.

As long as they level they'll be fine.

#21 ·
oliver said:
jack front end up and lights should move. The cabin switch should have no roller on it if its been done properly.

Yeah those are pre LCI headlights, never meant for that car so they must have been retrofitted at some point....no washers either which is another indication.

As long as they level they'll be fine.
When I start my car up when it's dark with the headlamps on auto I've noticed that the headlamps move down, and then back up again. Puzzled me until I just read about self levelling.... Presumably that's what mine are doing?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#24 ·
rabbitstew said:
When I start my car up when it's dark with the headlamps on auto I've noticed that the headlamps move down, and then back up again. Puzzled me until I just read about self levelling.... Presumably that's what mine are doing?
Yeah they all do this. Even halogen do it, it's just a start-up test. Halogen definitely do NOT have level sensors, instead you get a little roller wheel on your cabin switch.

#26 ·
When are where was that?? Snow already!

E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade | Lemon Leather | Heated Seats | Cruise | Depos | 6000k Angel LEDS | 4300k HIDS | TRS Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon | Carbon Mirrors | BMWP Grills | Carbon Spoiler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.