New member - DGJ's 123d

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

DGJ123d

Re: New member - DGJ's 123d

Post by DGJ123d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 pm

I've been getting a fault code on my dash the last couple of weeks for external lighting failure, I got code CCID 134 of the dash and a quick search revealed this is a fault with the rear light housing unit(s) so I took them out this morning, left one is fine but the right one has some corrosion on the inner bottom connector.

There's also a small pool of moisture in the bottom of the light cluster! As I plan on eventually replacing the rear lights anyway, I've bought a bulb holder unit off ebay that looked in good condition :-) hopefully that will get rid of the fault code until I get round to putting some Darklines on there :-D

DGJ123d

Post by DGJ123d » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:21 pm

So I swapped out the old rear bulb housing for the replacement one, all bulbs working correctly as before but still getting the CCID 134 code when I start the car...

Is there something I need to clear before this will go away or does it mean the new bulb housing is also faulty? It looked pristine before I put it in!

Thanks for any help guys

DGJ123d

Post by DGJ123d » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Well the replacement bulb holder hasn't worked, seems that the outer brake bulb had gone! Luckily I had a spare bulb set knocking about so I swapped.it over and....still not working! :cry:

Anyone know what else could be at fault? All the searches for CCID 134 show faults with the holders as opposed.to the bulbs themselves. Or as above, do I need to reset something first?

Return to “Members Cars”