TRL + Matt Finish = perfect, nearly (Blue M240i)

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Mobeer

TRL + Matt Finish = perfect, nearly (Blue M240i)

Post by Mobeer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Having started a thread on here for advice on the M235i 2.5 years ago, I have finally gotten around to buying a new car - a new M240i, ordered TRL at Berry Heathrow and detailed by "the Matt Finish".

Estoril Blue with Oyster interior
Auto because I'm getting old
Under 40k list because I hate tax

Ordering from Tony was very easy, with nothing like the hard sell I've had from other dealerships. Tony also managed to match the best trade-in\car buying prices for my Z4 which made things even easier. Matt's detailing of the car (2 days before pick-up) looks fantastic, even if I do say so myself.

The reason the car falls just short of perfect is that one of the tyre valves disintegrated when first trying to check the tyre pressures. I had hoped to get some nice photos on a trip up north, but these will now show off a black 3-series while BMW Assist sort out my car. A 320d just feels disappointingly slow and heavy now.

Home:

Answer to the all important question:

What was lost:

http://www.flickr.com/terms.gne

Cw16

Re: TRL + Matt Finish = perfect, nearly (Blue M240i)

Post by Cw16 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:37 am

That looks very nice, love a glass finish when detailed. How are you finding the 240 over z4?
Current: 2016 m235i
Previous: z4 3.0si, fiesta st

Mobeer

Post by Mobeer » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:23 am

M240i has a lot more torque and quite a bit more power; it feels quick all the time and can be genuinely fast. The Z4 (sdrive 23i) could also be quick but not to the same extent.

Ride comfort is similar (both are good); M240i has bigger wheels but the Z4 had runflats.

Cornering and handling the M240i has an advantage in its tyres; both have good brakes.

Z4 had Pro media and it took a while to get used to the smaller screen in the M240i but I've gotten used to it. Otherwise both are very comfortable inside.

Have to be careful when reversing, since there's a lot more car behind and a lot less in front than the Z4.

For now I'm very happy with the swap. Perhaps come a summer's day I'll be crying about not being able to get the roof down.

Jon P

Post by Jon P » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Looks really nice, similarly been deciding on one of these for ages. Can’t decide between the blue and grey. 😀
2013 - 120d xdrive

Return to “Members Cars”