New toy

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Blind Pugh
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: New toy

Post by Blind Pugh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

Update - not driven m2 much TBH as work had me away a fair chunk since buying the car. Been asked by a few folks how does stock m2 chassis compare to my fettled m135i.

In short:-

On the road -

- M2 stock setup is more cohesive than my fettled m135i solely due to the m2's damping is far better than oem adaptives I chose to retain.The last flash update I got to VDC - to attempt to cure adaptive knock - improved adaptives responses with Birds springs/ARBs.

- M2 ride is closer to adaptive sport on upgraded springs than comfort - I'm running oem 19" mpss at 29psi all round on my m2.

- If I had 35i or 40i on passive dampers - I'd be going coilovers - with 2 way adjustable dampers no doubt. Why ? it would allow me to choose ride height then play abt with dampers to understand the traits of both extremes and then get to my preferential settings. This would close the gap between M car and Mlite. For adaptive - options are limited to KW DDC until Billy B6 and B16 damptronic finally emerge.

Track time -

I haven't pedalled my m2 on track yet but have driven other M2's at Gwood, Brands and Thruxton. My mlite felt edgier by comparison, probably due to more grunt/skinner tyres combo.

Fettling my M2 -

People have commented my m2 isn't is stanced/hunkered down as my mlite, which is true. This cw my extended test drive of an m2 with MP coilovers has me leaning / hankering towards this MP upgrade at some point. Yes more £££ than eibachs etc but having driven an M2 with eibachs, I wasn't impressed compared to stock wrt road manners. Yes, eibachs achieve a look but MP coilovers are oem solution to add stanced look I had before, take m2 chassis up a couple of notches and boost Residual Value - according to financiers I spoke to about car loans etc !!!

BP

Japper_M2

Post by Japper_M2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Wow, 29psi!, thought I was low at 32 psi on both my M2 and the M140i. All tyres wearing very even for me at this.

What made you settle on 29psi ?

jonnydrama
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by jonnydrama » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:15 pm

BP, if you really want to try some 2 way stuff my friend works at the AST / Moton factory in Holland. I'm sure he'd do you an unspeakable deal!

I run the AST 5100 1 way on my Mini JCW and had Cobra 2 ways (basically AST 5200) on an older one, excellent stuff.

Blind Pugh

Post by Blind Pugh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Japper_M2 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 pm
Wow, 29psi!, thought I was low at 32 psi on both my M2 and the M140i. All tyres wearing very even for me at this.

What made you settle on 29psi ?
Bit of research and trial and error !!

Return to “Members Cars”