Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post pictures of your new baby in here. Please read the rules first though or your picture will be badly photo-chopped!!!!

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Mine are 8" x 18" ET40, fitted with 245/35 square. Since fitting the longer M4 LCA's they caught a bit on the front arches, so had to have an arch roll and stiffer (M235i) front springs.

ET42 would just about perfect, if you can find a lightweight set. Much more than that and you risk the tyres rubbing on the struts.
Thanks Marco.

A set of 8x18 et 42 or more should be ok then?
ET40 will mean arch contact. ET45 could mean strut contact, it's a tight fit!

Mine are flow Formed BBS CH-R's, but if I were buying again I'd probably have a long hard look at Enkei PF01 / TSP6 / Raijin (MAT tech) and Mak Luft (FF tech), all in ET42.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:00 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm
git-r2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Mine are 8" x 18" ET40, fitted with 245/35 square. Since fitting the longer M4 LCA's they caught a bit on the front arches, so had to have an arch roll and stiffer (M235i) front springs.

ET42 would just about perfect, if you can find a lightweight set. Much more than that and you risk the tyres rubbing on the struts.
Thanks Marco.

A set of 8x18 et 42 or more should be ok then?
ET40 will mean arch contact. ET45 could mean strut contact, it's a tight fit!

Mine are flow Formed BBS CH-R's, but if I were buying again I'd probably have a long hard look at Enkei PF01 / TSP6 / Raijin (MAT tech) and Mak Luft (FF tech), all in ET42.
Oh you bad man! I do like those PF01’s!
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Sexy aren't they. Lightweight, tough as my Granny's Fanny, and a lovely fit.

All Enkei 'MAT' wheels are really strong, you can smash them up and down kerbs all day long.

Our sponsor '‹MeisterR Ltd' were doing them at a slightly discounted rate for forum members, unsure of current prices though.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 pm
Sexy aren't they. Lightweight, tough as my Granny's Fanny, and a lovely fit.

All Enkei 'MAT' wheels are really strong, you can smash them up and down kerbs all day long.

Our sponsor '‹MeisterR Ltd' were doing them at a slightly discounted rate for forum members, unsure of current prices though.
They sure are, thought about a set for my 32 but ended up with BBS LM’s instead so can’t complain :)

In 2 minds about getting aftermarket wheels, esp nice ones. More to worry about when parking etc

If I went for two sets of front wheels from an f30 would they work as a square set up?
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:28 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 pm
Sexy aren't they. Lightweight, tough as my Granny's Fanny, and a lovely fit.

All Enkei 'MAT' wheels are really strong, you can smash them up and down kerbs all day long.

Our sponsor '‹MeisterR Ltd' were doing them at a slightly discounted rate for forum members, unsure of current prices though.
They sure are, thought about a set for my 32 but ended up with BBS LM’s instead so can’t complain :)

In 2 minds about getting aftermarket wheels, esp nice ones. More to worry about when parking etc

If I went for two sets of front wheels from an f30 would they work as a square set up?
What width and offset?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Zestino have a new track tyre that comes in hard/med/soft. The prices are about 70 each if anyone’s interested. Apparently they’re similar to AD08R on the road, but a bit quieter.

A set of 235/40/18 works out at £280 :)
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:28 pm
git-r2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:25 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:04 pm
Sexy aren't they. Lightweight, tough as my Granny's Fanny, and a lovely fit.

All Enkei 'MAT' wheels are really strong, you can smash them up and down kerbs all day long.

Our sponsor '‹MeisterR Ltd' were doing them at a slightly discounted rate for forum members, unsure of current prices though.
They sure are, thought about a set for my 32 but ended up with BBS LM’s instead so can’t complain :)

In 2 minds about getting aftermarket wheels, esp nice ones. More to worry about when parking etc

If I went for two sets of front wheels from an f30 would they work as a square set up?
What width and offset?
Good question, will report back..
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 pm

They tend to be 8" ET34, which means you can't run a 245/35 or 235/40 front (if you have M4 LCA's), limits you to a 225/40.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:35 pm

front

wheel size - 8 x 18

Offset - ET34

Centre Bore - 72.6

Stud Pattern - 5x120

BMW Part No - 6 874 819


Rear

wheel size - 8.5 x 18

offset - ET47

centre bore - 72.6

stud pattern - 5x120

BMW part number - 6 874 821
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:38 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 pm
They tend to be 8" ET34, which means you can't run a 245/35 or 235/40 front (if you have M4 LCA's), limits you to a 225/40.
Good to know. And you’re correct :)

Would the rears work better at et 47?
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:43 pm

8.5" ET47 would be hard up against your struts, they wouldn't even bolt up.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm

marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:43 pm
8.5" ET47 would be hard up against your struts, they wouldn't even bolt up.
Ok. Hmmmmm....

Too expensive to get new aftermarket wheels. Second hand an option.

Will have a think.
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

User avatar
marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Posts: 47386
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Omnipresent Post Whore

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by marco_polo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm

git-r2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm
marco_polo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:43 pm
8.5" ET47 would be hard up against your struts, they wouldn't even bolt up.
Ok. Hmmmmm....

Too expensive to get new aftermarket wheels. Second hand an option.

Will have a think.
They might work with a 5mm spacer?
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Hadn’t thought of that, thanks.
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

git-r2
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Re: Git-r's road/track progress M135i

Post by git-r2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:40 pm

I’ve just ordered a set of Westlake RS Sports in 225/40/18, worked out at 75£ each delivered.

Snetterton is booked for Nov 4th so had to get something quick, the E46 M3 that’s the video on the previous page was doing 53 second laps of brands on them so they obviously work and the drift boys have proved their durability so fingers crosssed.

I now have the footage from the E46 when he was chasing me, I’m afraid it’s not pretty, will get it uploaded and edited and share, the car looks like the back left suspension has collapsed!

The ugliness of that rear end makes it all the more characterful when lapping Porsche’s etc :) :)
'13 M135i standard.. and will remain so.. I promise... really.. will not modify... or abuse on track..
'91 R32 GTR... basically standard and unmolested... 497 @ rear hubs... never raced nor rallied : https://youtu.be/jhsX0elVG2k
+ some dullness

Post Reply

Return to “Members Cars”