Baby BMW Forum banner

OEM E87 Aero spoiler

8K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·
Just checking the prices, as I found one for 160 GBP, postage included. Is it a good price?

Also, would it entail removing that piece just at the top of the rear windscreen? Here's how it currently is:

See less See more
#2 ·
No it sticks over the top of it, sounds has looks great. It will have double sided tape on it but add a bit a Sikka Flex at the ends then duct tape it down overnight, job done and looks great.

#3 ·
Motley2012 said:
No it sticks over the top of it, sounds has looks great. It will have double sided tape on it but add a bit a Sikka Flex at the ends then duct tape it down overnight, job done and looks great.
Ok thanks :) Found one for 160 GBP, not painted though, I'll see what Cotsworld quotes me

#6 ·
marco_polo said:
Sonic1506 said:
I was just about to ask if that was a painted price.

I think you can only get them unpainted.
You can get them factory painted in 5 colours, plus primer.

Titan Silver
Sparkling Graphite
Sapphire Black
Quartz Blue
Jet Black
Hmm, asked Cotsworld for Alpine White, let's see if they have it...

Edit: nope, no AW. I guess I'll go for the one I found on ebay.de, fingers crossed it's original but that's how it's being listed... 160 GBP including delivery to Malta (EU)

#8 ·
Sonic1506 said:
marco_polo said:
Sonic1506 said:
I was just about to ask if that was a painted price.

I think you can only get them unpainted.
You can get them factory painted in 5 colours, plus primer.

Titan Silver
Sparkling Graphite
Sapphire Black
Quartz Blue
Jet Black
Is it really?! I thought it was unpainted only?

I'll be getting one! :D.
Titan = 51710398153 , iirc.

Double check before pulling the trigger!

#9 ·
marco_polo said:
Titan = 51710398153 , iirc.

Double check before pulling the trigger!
I've PM'd them but they said this in another thread about the spoiler:

Hi,

There is only the primed spoiler available now i'm afraid, If delivered to a Mainland UK address we can do it for £160 inc vat and delivery.

If posted to Malta the total would be £256.00 inc vat and delivery

To order please call 01452872666 and quote ref 26081

#10 ·
Pulled the trigger on the unpainted primed Aero I found, I hope I can find someone who can match the exact colour i.e. AW. Shouldn't be too difficult, it's a popular BMW colour

Sonic1506: But I specifically asked them for the AW colour. Try asking for Titan Silver, if Marco said they have it, chances are they do :)

#11 ·
jgalea324 said:
Pulled the trigger on the unpainted primed Aero I found, I hope I can find someone who can match the exact colour i.e. AW. Shouldn't be too difficult, it's a popular BMW colour

Sonic1506: But I specifically asked them for the AW colour. Try asking for Titan Silver, if Marco said they have it, chances are they do :)
Yup. I PM'd them and quoted his part number.

#13 ·
Sonic1506 said:
NO LUCK!!

Hi,

Unfortunately all of the pre-painted ones are no longer available, I can only get the primed ones which I sell for £160 inc vat and delivery
Bad luck :( If you're in the UK, might as well go for that one. If not, I'll link you to the ebay one which I found

#14 ·
jgalea324 said:
Sonic1506 said:
NO LUCK!!

Hi,

Unfortunately all of the pre-painted ones are no longer available, I can only get the primed ones which I sell for £160 inc vat and delivery
Bad luck :( If you're in the UK, might as well go for that one. If not, I'll link you to the ebay one which I found
I will go for it but at a later date, it's on the to do list :).

#15 ·
Has anyone got one of the eBay specials? Is the genuine oem actually miles better or is it just hear say. Do the eBay ones need alot of work to get them to fit nice, there's a good month wait before they come instock via cotsworld on here. I'm thinking of settling with one from eBay as it's only 65 pound.

#16 ·
Sonic1506 said:
jgalea324 said:
Sonic1506 said:
NO LUCK!!

Hi,

I will go for it but at a later date, it's on the to do list :).
Did you ever get the spoiler, was it a genuine one or eBay? You got any pics. Did it fit decently or how much work did it need to fit nice?

#17 ·
Lew1989 said:
Did you ever get the spoiler, was it a genuine one or eBay? You got any pics. Did it fit decently or how much work did it need to fit nice?
Hey bud,

I haven't got it yet as I had to repair my car first but the spoiler is on the list. I will be getting it from Cotswold BMW Mini who will supply me with a genuine BMW Aero spoiler.

#18 ·
Sonic1506 said:
Lew1989 said:
Hey bud,

I haven't got it yet as I had to repair my car first but the spoiler is on the list. I will be getting it from Cotswold BMW Mini who will supply me with a genuine BMW Aero spoiler.
That's what I want to do, but the ones on eBay that a few members on here have got seem identical, just don't have the long wait.

I'm debating it so much, I may gamble it and if I'm not happy I'll just resell it

#19 ·
Lew1989 said:
That's what I want to do, but the ones on eBay that a few members on here have got seem identical, just don't have the long wait.

I'm debating it so much, I may gamble it and if I'm not happy I'll just resell it
Hope it goes well bud :). General consensus is that the eBay ones sit high on one side, weight on top of the spoiler and strong adhesive solves this and it's identical to OEM otherwise :).

#21 ·
Lew1989 said:
Has anyone got one of the eBay specials? Is the genuine oem actually miles better or is it just hear say. Do the eBay ones need alot of work to get them to fit nice, there's a good month wait before they come instock via cotsworld on here. I'm thinking of settling with one from eBay as it's only 65 pound.
Tomo has.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#23 ·
Mine was a pain in the **** to fit, or it was me being inept with a genuine BMW spoiler, always looked like it was not fitted correctly as each side was about 10mm away from being flush with the top of the tailgate.

#24 ·
Alan120dsport said:
Mine was a pain in the **** to fit, or it was me being inept with a genuine BMW spoiler, always looked like it was not fitted correctly as each side was about 10mm away from being flush with the top of the tailgate.
Yeah it will sit slightly less than 10mm away from the top of the tailgate, that's the way it is made. No one ever noticed that and I've had the car looked at several times since I take it to meets and shows. At first it used to bother me, but then I saw an aftermarket spoiler on another 1-series (E81) and mine sits much better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.