Baby BMW Forum banner

Retrofit Arm Rest

7K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  dw9999 
#1 ·
I am looking at retrofitting an arm rest to my car however I seem to be struggling to find the part number. I have had a look on real OEM but can't seem to get my head around the way it is set out.

If someone could help me locate a part number that would be great. I have a half leather trim with anthracite headlining if that dictates which part number the armrest is.

#2 ·
#4 ·
neilquane said:
Thanks very much for your help! I assume I just need to get part number 1 in the corresponding colour?
You'll also need the part number 15 to cover the rear - it's a different shape to the one that you'll take off

#6 ·
neilquane said:
Thanks again! I don't suppose you have any idea on the prices?
From a main dealer they are about £200 :eek2: . I got mine of ebay for £90 delivered.

Try these . Give them a bell and tell them what your after.

#7 ·
1er-lover said:
neilquane said:
Thanks again! I don't suppose you have any idea on the prices?
From a main dealer they are about £200 :eek2: . I got mine of ebay for £90 delivered.

Try these . Give them a bell and tell them what your after.
I would second all the comments, you can get them from £50 upwards on Ebay (Mine was £50 ish i think, and is in good condition), and fitment is a piece of cake. BMMiniparts were the cheapest brand new i found, and good communication too.

#10 ·
Nice tutorial guys.
I found it with a simple search on google and the 1st site was this one.
I'm waiting mine from ebay. I payed only £40.

Hopefully I will have the time in weekend to fit it and nothing get's broken :)

Thank you for the tutorial and the pictures.
You made me create an account here :)

Alex

#11 ·
neilquane said:
Don't suppose any of you will happen to know which trim I'd require? I've got a m-sport with half leather and similar colour seats to the anthracite headlining.
All of the armrests were leather, so I'm assuming a black leather one would be the one you require.

neilquane said:
And also, I have an E81, would an E87 arm rest fit ok?

Thanks
All the centre consoles and armrests are the same across the E8x 1 series range. So as along as it's from a E8x 1 series, it will fit.

#12 ·
Hi guys,

My armrest arrived today but I have a concern.
My 2009 E81 has a business cd stereo and the center console have 12V and the 3.5mm aux.
The new center armrest is from an E82 and It has under the 12V the 3.5mm aux and a USB input also.
Will the USB work with my default connections or I have to buy something special to connect in the back of the stereo and bring it in the back to connect to the USB input?

Regards,
Alex

#14 ·
Michmash/eddie said:
I have a spare centre console with arm rest in my shed, if you are interested let me know and I will take some photos for you, £50 collected.
Have you read my reply?
Where does it say that I might need another one?
And also why should I pay £50 when I can buy with £40 delivered?

Thank you anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Hi again,

I just retrofitted my armrest from an E82
This is how it looks like:
Now the question is if I can connect the USB to my BMW Business CD like the Aux and what do I need to buy to make the connection?
The connection for my 3.5 mm jack is working, as is the same connection, but I need another connection, is looking like an aerial connection, I'm not sure how to explain

Thank you/Alex

#16 ·
XuLeTZ said:
Hi guys,

My armrest arrived today but I have a concern.
My 2009 E81 has a business cd stereo and the center console have 12V and the 3.5mm aux.
The new center armrest is from an E82 and It has under the 12V the 3.5mm aux and a USB input also.
Will the USB work with my default connections or I have to buy something special to connect in the back of the stereo and bring it in the back to connect to the USB input?

Regards,
Alex
Just fit the armrest if it's the same colour as your original trim. 5 minute job.

#17 ·
No mate,

I have replaced my entire center console with the one with armrest, I didn't had armrest so I had to change it entirely.
On my old one, I didn't had the USB connection, but I do have on the one the new one.
My question is how can I connect to USB interface to my head unit.
Do I have to upgrade to the PRO head unit and buy something from eBay or anywhere else to make the connection to work?
Anyway I want to change the Business to PRO, but I want to make the USB to work and I don't know what I need to buy

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.