Baby BMW Forum banner

F21 Bonnet Badge Stolen. OEM replacement needed!

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Petoz 
#1 ·
My badge was stolen last week from the local station. Having had the time to calm down, I am now looking for a replacement.

I've checked eBay, and plenty claim to be OEM, but don't look like they'd fit. I've attached photos of the empty space on my bonnet (i'm ashamed of how dirty it is, but the wether has been awful and I've not found the time) and the claimed OEM badge on eBay. The two pins would not fit the F21 (2016 M140i).

The local BMW dealership have told me it will cost £36.19. If anyone could point me towards a cheaper option, it would be much appreciated! I'd begrudge paying that much for something that could be stolen so easily straight away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Sonic1506 said:
That badge you've shown looks like it's for E8x/E9x cars.

Why not pm forum sponsor cotswoldbmwmini to see if they can get it cheaper? In my experience. It's best to stick to OEM. Aftermarket ones may fade or not fit as well.
Cheers, will do. Definitely looking for OEM, it's just an expensive pill to swallow.

#4 ·
Sadly this happens a lot and often the stolen badges end up on Ebay where people who had their badge stolen buy them back. :evil:
I'd buy a new one just to avoid encouraging crims to go and steal more badges (potentially).
(I know many badges are legitimatelly reclaimed from scrapped motors but there's no denying many are just nicked).

The thing that really sucks is any attempt to make your new badge really secure will just result in more damage being caused to your car if you're unlucky enough for somebody to try to steal your badge again in the future.

#6 ·
RickN55 said:
Petoz said:
My badge was stolen last week from the local station. Having had the time to calm down, I am now looking for a replacement.

I've checked eBay, and plenty claim to be OEM, but don't look like they'd fit. I've attached photos of the empty space on my bonnet (i'm ashamed of how dirty it is, but the wether has been awful and I've not found the time) and the claimed OEM badge on eBay. The two pins would not fit the F21 (2016 M140i).

The local BMW dealership have told me it will cost £36.19. If anyone could point me towards a cheaper option, it would be much appreciated! I'd begrudge paying that much for something that could be stolen so easily straight away.

Was that £36.19 Fitted or just for the badge?
Just the badge. It was very easy to fit.

I ended up getting the badge through Cotswolds BMW as someone helpfully suggested. Not a massive saving but every penny counts!

Those being sold on eBay as OEM are far from it by the looks of the one I received and the pictures on eBay.

#7 ·
The thieving swines managed to put a few small but deep scratches around mine when taking it off. The adhesive was very sticky on the new one! That said, I can't imagine it difficult to pop off the right tools and bit of patience.

#9 ·
RickN55 said:
Yup I would sooner get it from the Dealers.. You know what some of the stuff off Ebay is like.
I am looking at changing mine, Because the top of the badge (The silver bit) Is starting to pitt and lose it's finish.. Just don't know how easy/hard it is to get the old one off?
Should just pop off with a trim tool. Then the new one should pop in.

#10 ·
Octavius said:
Was it stolen. A few have dislodged themselves and have been replaced free of charge by the dealer's.
Definitely stolen. Scratches in the paint work, and one of the anchor points snapped off. Luckily there are three so I could make sure the new badge still lines up!

#12 ·
Octavius said:
Was it stolen. A few have dislodged themselves and have been replaced free of charge by the dealer's.
Definitely stolen. Scratches in the paint work, and one of the anchor points snapped off. Luckily there are three so I could make sure the new badge still lines up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.