Baby BMW Forum banner

A4 Avant 3.0 TDI. Now with 2017 S4 Avant.

35K views 370 replies 37 participants last post by  oliver 
#1 ·
Sorry guys, I am going to the dark side.

Needed a spacious, practical and 4WD car. Was going to buy another truck like the Amarok but I prefer some refinement to be honest. Picking the car up in 2 weeks, can't wait! It was so hard finding a well-priced 3 litre.

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S Line Tiptronic.

I believe they are pretty rapid off the line and 300bhp with a p-torque remap.

Full Leather, Auto, Xenons + LEDs, SAT NAV, Multimedia Interface, Quattro, Bang and Olufsen sound system, S Line bodykit etc.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm gonna be tailgating EVERYBODY!!!

I did look at other brands, but what else is this practical and does 0-60 in 6 seconds? In the wet! :lol2: I believe Audi make the best estates, in my opinion anyway. Plenty of room for the doggies too!

Thanks casey. I couldn't think of any other car that meets all my requirements while also having plenty of poke under the bonnet.

#5 ·
Lovely car

I think they're missing a trick by not putting the 313 in the A4.

#10 ·
Where is the "like" button when you need one! That sounds ridiculous for a diesel. I would love that but don't want to be known as "The **** with the loud Audi." :lol2: I like how it doesn't sound too loud at idle/low revs though.

Yes they are very rare. There are 2.0TDI Avants everywhere but the 3 litres are elusive.

And good luck finding a BITDI A6! There are 5 for sale on autotrader and the cheapest is 30k. I'm not even paying half that.

Thanks dan.mcgregor. I'll let you all know what it's like. I'm taking it to Switzerland in March so really looking forward to it; perfect car for the job....hopefully! :lol2:

#12 ·
Looks a great motor, to be honest, I think the w@nker title is heading back to BMW owners :redface: seems the F20 is the new popular choice for the company car and the majority I see are being driven an inch off the car in front or hammered through 30mph zones. As soon as I see one I know within seconds it is going to be tailgating and trying to force past :rollseyes:

#15 ·
Nice car Oliver. How many cars you had in last few years now? [emoji6]

#20 ·
mrash said:
Enjoy. Lovely example. Great cruiser and they handle well for a big car too. :cool2:
Cheers buddy! Can't wait to bring her home, it's a 4 hour drive to collect so will be nice cruising back. Gonna be fun discovering the power of quattro at traffic lights. :rollseyes: :lol2:

Red5 said:
Very nice Oliver! Not too bling in silver with those wheels either :D
Are you gonna tinker with it :twisted:
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty tired of 'flashy' cars to be honest; people challenge you all the time. I just wanted a fast 4WD that I can fit dogs in and I kept coming back to this. Looked at BMW, Merc even Volvo FFS and I just had to get the Audi.

With regards to the ol' tinkerin':

-Debadge it first; just the 3.0tdi quattro part.
-Going to be remapped at p-torque on the journey home, already had a chat with Will. He reckons 300BHP.
-Front facelift modification; basically new wings, bonnet, bumper and headlights. Makes it look like the latest model. I probably won't end up doing this but, yeah, you know what I'm like.

That will probably be all....but I always say that. :lol2:

#23 ·
oliver said:
rjwojcik said:
Hey Oliver, "Tiptronic" - is that a slush or DSG box?
DSG. It's my first Auto ever. :redface: I just don't see the need for a manual for this type of car.
Nothing wrong with an auto :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.