Baby BMW Forum banner

New car

5K views 69 replies 21 participants last post by  Japanred120d 
#1 ·
I should get it Saturday subject to clarity on service book not stamped.

So much for wanting a M135i/M235i. :lol2:

At £16k with 10k miles and 3 year warranty left, I just had to...

I had a long test drive at the weekend in the wet and as much as I love my current car and its successors, they kind of feel like boats compared to how the GT86 feels.

It's very slow and traction can be seriously tricky (if you think that a M135i lacks traction, then you're plain wrong).

Does anyone know of any aggressive / soft tyres other than AD08Rs in 215 45 17 ? The MSS aren't available in that size unfort.

#4 ·
Frog tastic :D

Never mind buying thres in those sizes!
Get some light 17" wheels with sticky rubber and keep the oem set for resale time :)

#7 ·
Red5 said:
Frog tastic :D
:lol2:

Cheers for the advice on tyres. If I am going the 888 way I might as well get some AD08 with their full thread depth. Will check 225 40, good idea.

Anyone have any experience of the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A ? I remember trick Meganes using them I think.

Can I suggest to anyone not having driven one to give it a go ? I had low expectations but I was blown away and I promise I don't get impressed by cars very often. The car reminds me of my 1998 Boxster 2.5 on M030 suspension which I ran in 2000. It's THAT good.

I am gob smacked that a volume manufacturer have the balls to sell something like that to the unsuspecting public, there is hope !!!

#11 ·
A Scooby dealer. It's only a good deal if I verify the first service which should happen tomorrow. It's actually £16495 but they're paying for the second service almost due at £330. It has no leather nor nav but it's still the best value I could find. Should be £100 depreciation a month tops if I have my usual luck when selling privately.

#13 ·
Yes they are slow in a straight line but it pulls 1g on eco tyres... I live for corners and track work so it could be the right package for me as a one car does it all. Cheers for the tip on the tyres, will check it out.

#14 ·
nickfrog said:
It's very slow and traction can be seriously tricky (if you think that a M135i lacks traction, then you're plain wrong).

Does anyone know of any aggressive / soft tyres other than AD08Rs in 215 45 17 ? The MSS aren't available in that size unfort.
They've been deliberately set-up to be like that - it's the whole point of the car and kind defeats the point of buying one saying you want to put sticky tyres on it - surely :?

#15 ·
I like the idea of why they developed this car, but Inwould want to alter the package to suit me.
I have no interest in sliding the back end about, but do like the tidy dimensions and attitude.

I too would fit grippy tyres, along with some of this to fix the slow!

I could imagine me liking it lots :)

#16 ·
GeeRam said:
nickfrog said:
They've been deliberately set-up to be like that - it's the whole point of the car and kind defeats the point of buying one saying you want to put sticky tyres on it - surely :?
Not at all. The balance is unchanged. It will all happen the same way at a higher apex speed. I have no interest in going sideways on a public road. I have spent my driving life trying not to go sideways. The car has far more to offer than the ability to go sideways at relatively low level of lat force.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#21 ·
roshambo said:
That looks like a fun car! More pics please nick!

Matt
And a review once you've had it a few weeks :)

#24 ·
Nice one!

OneHP has one of those I believe (unless he's changed again that is)

That was a quick swap in the end. Were you not tempted to push the boat out, what with your promotion and all?

Do you think we'll see the new owner of your old 1er on here? We're that local?

#26 ·
Enjoy the new car. I've read only good things about them from a drivers perpective

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.