Baby BMW Forum banner

Latest update and downtime

13K views 107 replies 39 participants last post by  redwizard 
#1 ·
OK everyone.

We all know the site was down for a couple of days over the Valentines Weekend......not planned of course....but lets wait 9 months and see what happens :redface:

Anyway, all I can say was that an attempt to upgrade to a newest version went complete pear shaped, and I couldn't get things working at all.
Eventually through a horde of google searches, and support from a guy called Bill in Australia, I think we are good again.

Please comment here on if you have any issues etc.
I also ask that if you see others making comments about things not being right....please direct them to here.

As part of the update, the previous "Style" is no longer available, hence the reason it looks a bit strange.
I am also missing the google adsense which will need added back in again.
Tapatalk is not working.
All Avatars are on the right hand side instead of left.
URLs will not open extra windows/tabs
The general layout may take a while to get used to...but at the moment, we have to live with it......

If you are having problems actually position here, let us know at the Facebook page:

See less See more
#8 ·
I guess as you had help from Australia that you were working around the clock on this. Hope you catch up on sleep soon. There's a long way to go I'd suggest but I think we are appreciating the effort put in so far.

Cheers

#9 ·
Felt like my whole world had crashed and I was all alone :lol2: definitely liking the new style, much easier to use the website on the phone now ... must admit though, tapatalk, while connecting to the forum isn't actually loading anything :(

#12 ·
I'm just glad somebody has been diligent with backups and you didn't do a 'TotalMini' and lose the lot! Glad you are back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Glad to have the site back and really appreciate all the hard work done to keep it up and running.

However the new layout is rank on PC!

I'm sure far more people use phones/tablets these days so if it looks good on there then that's the main thing.

#16 ·
I thought I was no longer welcome and blocked because I just bought a e90 335i! I still have my e87 as well though, can I stay?
;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#19 ·
Great work getting it back.

I'm running a forum myself on PhpBB 3.1.3 (wait until you try the quick upgrade!!)

There is a hole or flaw with the contact us page so you may get some spam email via that. They are apparently working on a fix.

Some of the add-ons are starting to filter through now and there is one for .

I don't use it but there is one for if you use that.

There a number of Dev ones which you are advised to exercise caution with on a live board but I am using them and are -touch wood- fine.

this reminds readers of who the OP was. I like it.

seems to work well for me.

- I love this one, it's very customisable as a landing page

#23 ·
Stu, thanks for those links - will definitely be looking into them. The site is running 3.1.3 now, so are there problems with some type of quick upgrade?

For the others, the layout will stay the way it is until I decide next steps.....

#26 ·
Stu125 said:
Joshc219 said:
I think the post times are out of sync by an hour :eek2:
It's probably a slight oversight on installation to set the default time in the Admin Control Panel but look in your User Control Panel and you can set your own.
The times of the posts are appearing fine for me.
As said, probably individual specific

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.