Baby BMW Forum banner

GoPro Hereo 2, £5 microphone and BMWP Exhaust ;)

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  0l0dom0l0 
#1 ·
What do you think?

#6 ·
Rich196 said:
Sounds amazing!!

What mic are you using and where did you locate it?

Go pro is in the passenger head rest, 5M stereo extension cable ran through the back of the car out through the boot. The microphone selotaped to the bumper just above the exhaust.

Danny_Boy said:
Is that just the BMWP exhaust?

If so, sell it to me now!! :lol2:
Yes just BMWP ;).

It actually sounds nothing like this in car - you can hear the howl with the windows down but the in cabin noise is a little disappointing actually - I want to eventually get a res delete done, I think that'll liven it up a bit more in car.

Tommo said:
p.s Can I come over tomorrow evening and we do the same with my car?? :D
Yes potentially, I can lend you the stuff if you want to come over. Actually would be pretty handy if you did come, need the airbag light cleared on my dads car again, could you bring the carly stuff mate?

#10 ·
Mine doesn't sound as raspy as that. Although I do also have the BMWP intake so the rasping of the exhaust may be getting drowned out a bit by the deep 'bwaaaap' (this is the technical term) out of the intake.

Either way yours sounds great.

#11 ·
0l0dom0l0 said:
Tommo said:
p.s Can I come over tomorrow evening and we do the same with my car?? :D
Yes potentially, I can lend you the stuff if you want to come over. Actually would be pretty handy if you did come, need the airbag light cleared on my dads car again, could you bring the carly stuff mate?
No probs, will be over around 645

#13 ·
Nice Video, Amazing Sound! Posts like these make me want a new exhaust system so bad! :p

#18 ·
awesome i love the sound. shame you dont get all of that in the cabin! all windows down in a 4 door however......
:D

#19 ·
BMWBrad said:
That sounds incredible!
Is that a true representation of how it actually sounds, or does the mic amplify it at all? If that's how they are, I want one!
It would sound like this if you were lying out the back of the car with the boot open. The mic was placed quite near the exhaust and external of the car, so it does amplify the sound quite considerably.

The BMWP is a nice bit of kit if you want a little howl at the top end of the Rev range and slightly more noise, but it's really not that much louder in the cabin (despite what anyone tells you) than the stock to be quite honest.

It really needs a res delete doing, the BMWP is straight through on the outer pipe I believe.

If you want pops and crackles and some semi decent in cabin noise you need to either get a res delete done with a BMWP or go down the 135i backbox and y pipe route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.