Baby BMW Forum banner

135i backbox on a 120d

3K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Twenny 
#1 ·
Finally got my 135i backbox fitted onto my 120d this morning!!! :D
All fitted by EMP Performance in St Albans, speak to Simon he is a proper guy a they are detail freaks!!!
Here is the result, not much sound difference (will upload vid soon) but I think it transforms the back of the car and I prefer the black tips too!!!

Very happy man!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Phurry said:
Top job. want to do that to mine
Thanks very much. Only something small but it makes a massive difference, to me anyway!!
Thanks again!!

#6 ·
Twenny said:
That looks awesome mate much better fitment than mine I must say. Give it a while to settle in maybe 500-1000 miles and it should sound a little better [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers twenny!!!

I forgot to add that I bought a genuine bmw lci diffuser off fleabay for £25, so before they fitted the box they changed it over.

I have the old one which I'm going to clean up properly and alter to look like lci if anyone's interested. PM me if you are.

Mits.

#8 ·
Cheers mate. All thanks go to you!!
And to whoever recommended EMP to me.

#10 ·
That's def for sure mate.

#11 ·
Glad the recommendation was good!

All of them clearly know their stuff. Mine looks identical to yours, they're very OCD about their work.

As said above, should settle in a bit more over time.

#14 ·
I've got a performance exhaust I'm bidding on so if I win it I'll have a stock 125i AND a stock 135i for sale [emoji1]

Could even meet at St. Albans and get a fitted discount for all three? Will keep you posted as I find out tomorrow at 7pm if I have been successful in my bid

#15 ·
Does anyone need a diffuser??
I have one going.....
Ha ha

#16 ·
Twenny said:
I've got a performance exhaust I'm bidding on so if I win it I'll have a stock 125i AND a stock 135i for sale [emoji1]

Could even meet at St. Albans and get a fitted discount for all three? Will keep you posted as I find out tomorrow at 7pm if I have been successful in my bid

I sent you a pm btw :p not sure if you got it

#17 ·
Twenny said:

You might be disappointed in the PE switching from the 135i muffler, the 135i muffler is much louder even on its own.
Unless you get a "128i" PE from the American market, much louder than the "125i" PE due to the extra set of cats on the American 128i.

#20 ·
Hi Ron yes mate I did but sadly the PE exhaust I'm bidding on has exceeded my top bid so looks like I'm keeping the exhaust for the time being.

****? Yeah might go down the y pipe silencer removal route. Will keep cat down pipes intact for now.

#23 ·
just thought i would add something else to this as im slightly p*****d off!!
im a bit of a freak and want nice and shiny black tips for my exhaust, so i thought they cant be that expensive from the stealers, oh was i wrong!!!
£70 for a pair of pipes!
what a bloody liberty. so now i will be removing mine, sanding down to metal, priming, re-priming and then finally spraying gloss black with rustoleum gloss black spray.
im hoping the actual results will look as good as they do in my head!!!

unless anyone else has any ideas?

#25 ·
mit_p said:
just thought i would add something else to this as im slightly p*****d off!!
im a bit of a freak and want nice and shiny black tips for my exhaust, so i thought they cant be that expensive from the stealers, oh was i wrong!!!
£70 for a pair of pipes!
what a bloody liberty. so now i will be removing mine, sanding down to metal, priming, re-priming and then finally spraying gloss black with rustoleum gloss black spray.
im hoping the actual results will look as good as they do in my head!!!

unless anyone else has any ideas?
I remember seeing Chris post up something about getting tips enamel coated and the results where excellent check if anyone local can do that for you?

#26 ·
RHK3 said:
Your number plate seems familiar.. What part of London are you in?
I'm in north London mate where are you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.