Baby BMW Forum banner

its like christmas this week!

2K views 43 replies 8 participants last post by  beemer5711 
#1 ·
had a few deliveries this week, I'm like a kid as christmas!
bought a evolution racewerks charge pipe to go with my FMIC
reiger diffuser came today but haven't got a pic of it, looks mint tho!
got some good ridge brake hoses and super blue ate fluid and the big one, i think the majority of you will know what this is ;)
picked this up for £350 the car it came off had only done 7000 miles and you can tell! its in mint condition
it was collection only in south london but i just happened to be working in north london at the time so i went down for it after work

See less See more
#5 ·
I still don't think a lot competes with the feeling you have when the postman is in your road when you're expecting something for your car! Have fun

#6 ·
I love the postman when he brings me things :p don't think he loves me though lmao, it's every other day lately

Sent from my iPhone using 2

#7 ·
#8 ·
I bought a different charge pipe .mines a 2008 car but a 2010 charge pipe and gets rid of the crappy pipe that you still have left
Dose you intercooler kit get rid of it

List list of parts ......your catching me up lol

#10 ·
yes my intercooler will replace the elbow when I get round to fitting it, I asked evolution racewerks about that first
the tial bov is very quiet which is exactly what I wanted :spotman:!
more efficient than diverter valves
I'm only intercooler and rear axle behind you and I've got those waiting in my garage ;)

#12 ·
you'll always be a few steps ahead mate haha
im gonna stop spending for a bit now till i fit the subframe
got power flex diff bushes to buy
dinan rear shock mounts
bilstein b8 shocks
eiback springs
e38 740i prop shaft
and pay for it modifying
il start spending again after xmas haha

#13 ·
gonna be on the lookout for a smashed up 135i as well to save cutting up my propshaft
but if i have to then i have to

#14 ·
#16 ·
Rich196 said:
Can you sort out some internal and external videos of the BOV, I am undecided I don't want a chav trumpet. I may just go for the forge recur upgrade kit. Don't really want to hear it.

Also where did you get the braided hoses from can you link me please.

Thanks
these are what i bought mate
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and il upload a video of the bov i took one earlier
its far from being a chav trumpet, its quiet and sound like something from star wars! it sounds brilliant, very subtle
i went for bov rather than diverter valves for performance reasons, they react a lot faster

#17 ·
shandybass said:
Rich196 said:
Can you sort out some internal and external videos of the BOV, I am undecided I don't want a chav trumpet. I may just go for the forge recur upgrade kit. Don't really want to hear it.

Also where did you get the braided hoses from can you link me please.

Thanks
these are what i bought mate
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and il upload a video of the bob i took one earlier
its far from being a chav trumpet, its quiet and sound like something from star wars! it sounds brilliant, very subtle
i went for bov rather than diverter valves for performance reasons, they react a lot faster
This is why I want to change mine, although I know the forge ones are sprung loaded plunger style than the oems that I believe have rubber diagrams. Just want to get rid of the boost drop or gear changes! It felt inadequate again an xkr the other day. Not that he managed to pull one me ;)

#18 ·
if your willing to pay the price than get the evolution racewerks charge pipe and bov
but the forge kit is by far the cheaper option and probably won't notice the difference between the two
i bet the xkr got a shock! thats why i love the 135i, such a sleeper when tuned

#19 ·
shandybass said:
if your willing to pay the price than get the evolution racewerks charge pipe and bov
but the forge kit is by far the cheaper option and probably won't notice the difference between the two
Yeh he followed me to pub to asking, why his 500 bhp hadn't helped him!

#20 ·
Rich196 said:
shandybass said:
thats funny haha
heres a video of the bov mate
not your typical subaru impreza chav style

#21 ·
shandybass said:
Rich196 said:
shandybass said:
thats funny haha
\\

mmmm that sounds like too much power going down the over flow. I like it!! So this is different to a standard BOV that makes a horrendous scooby noise?

Any chance you can get me a video from inside under load. I had a recirc valve on my 1.8t and it used to echo out the cone filter and sound scooby ish.

How much of a performance advantage is their over this compared to the uprated dual forge valves?

Cheers for doing that!

#22 ·
Rich196 said:
shandybass said:
Rich196 said:
thats funny haha
\\

mmmm that sounds like too much power going down the over flow. I like it!! So this is different to a standard BOV that makes a horrendous scooby noise?

Any chance you can get me a video from inside under load. I had a recirc valve on my 1.8t and it used to echo out the cone filter and sound scooby ish.

How much of a performance advantage is their over this compared to the uprated dual forge valves?

Cheers for doing that!
yeah I can do you a video at the weekend mate I've put the car away for the week now, and there's probably not much difference between the forge recirc valves and the tial bov, I just liked the idea of the tial because in theory it's better and it looks the nuts!
doesn't sound anything like your typical scooby chav trumpet

#23 ·
done a video mate il upload it later
got the car out seeing as though it was dry to see how it felt with the intercooler, it's ridiculous! the turbos spool up instantly and are a lot louder, I need to get it dyno'd but I reckon I'm about 430bhp?

#25 ·
that's where the lsd should help!
can't wait to get it on but it will be at least February time

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.