Run Flats - 17 v 18 ?

Find out more about the BMW 2 Series F45 & F46
The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 (2014-)
The BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46 (2015-)

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

catflap

Run Flats - 17 v 18 ?

Post by catflap » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:12 am

I've managed to get an hour behind the wheel of an M Sport Grand Tourer and I was expecting from everything I read the suspension to be rock hard and completely unforgiving. However I was actually pleasantly surprised, whilst obviously on the firm side it rode and handled very well. So well that I'm not sure I'll opt for the non M Sport suspension now.

However I did notice there was a fair amount of road noise, not loud but something there in the background. Does anyone know if this is less on the Luxury version with it's non run flat 17" wheels?

The monthly cost between a Luxury and M Sport is only about £4 and I prefer the Sports Seats and the look of the 18's. However if the 17's are going to offer a much more comfortable experience then maybe that's what I should be looking at.

Any experience of driving an M Sport and Luxury back to back would be very welcome. The 205 width tyres on the 17's seem very narrow to me by todays standards, I'm sure they will be fine though and I like the better colour options available in the Luxury.

Return to “F45, F46 (2014 - tbd)”